• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 8.Oct.2012 9:52:01 AM   
diaakhalil

dear sir,
I have been trying to use the cmdlet
Get-Mailbox -Database 'mailbox database.edb' | Export-Mailbox -PSTFolderPath D:\PSTs
to export all the mailboxes in my mail server data base to pst files...
I'm trying to do this on a 32bit windows server 2003 with the exchange console... but it is not working... it gives me an error message "Get-Mailbox : Database "EXMC.ibaegypt.com\mailbox database.edb" was not found. Please make sure you have typed it correctly" while EXMC is the name of the server that has the console...
Any advise please...
Thank you...
Post #: 1
RE: Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 10.Oct.2012 3:36:09 AM   
diaakhalil

Thank you for your replay...
i have tried the cmdlet
get-mailbox | export-mailbox -pstfolderpath <folderpath>
and it worked fine... but i just had to give me full access to all mailboxes...
It worked with me because I have only one data base on my server, but thank you anyway for your help...

Diaa Khalil
Post #: 2
RE: Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 12.Aug.2013 2:03:58 AM   
techgig

Export-mailbox command is appropriate command for exporting moving exchange mailboxes into pst files. With different set of parameters, different operations can be done with Export-mailbox cmdlet. The basic format for exporting mailboxes is:

Export-Mailbox -Identity <Mailbox_Id_Parameter> -PSTFolderPath <Path_Of_PST_Folder>\<File_Name>.pst

However, if Exchange server is unavailable (due to any reason), database unable to mount or database is corrupted then you may get error messages. At this point, its necessary to export mailboxes to pst files in offline mode via (http://www.pcvita.com/edb-converter.html).

(in reply to diaakhalil)
Post #: 3
RE: Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 14.Aug.2013 8:08:06 AM   
ArthurBost

Use EDB to PST conversion software, it is reliable and flexible tool to recover and convert crashed edb files to pst files (Many other formats) and supports exchange server 2013 version successfully. You can get a free sample to test before you buy also.

Steps to follow: -

1. Download and Install the software on Windows platform
2. Select EDB files or allow searching automatically
3. Recovers single as well as multiple mailboxes as per user choices
4. Provides preview option
5. Save recovered data to your target folder on PC

For more info and help visit website: - http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/exchange-edb-pst-converter.html

(in reply to techgig)
Post #: 4
RE: Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 24.Sep.2013 6:20:52 AM   
admin503

These are the options to export exchange mailboxes into pst:

1. In exchange server 2003, use Exmerge to export mailboxes into pst files (2gb pst limit)
2. In exchange 2007, use Export-mailbox for same need
3. In exchange 2010, use new-mailbox-export-request to export exchange mailboxes into pst
4. For All Exchange Server editions, use an automated app to export exchange mailboxes to PST from crashed exchange, disconnected mailboxes, dismounted mailboxes and offline database without any limit and restrictions.

(in reply to ArthurBost)
Post #: 5
RE: Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 17.Oct.2013 8:46:31 PM   
rickytech

The best way to export Exchange mailboxes to PST files is using Export-Mailbox cmdlet, but if you don't have time or this inbuilt cmdlet did not work you might use this third party EDB to PST conversion tool: http://www.recover-computerdata.com/exchange-server-recovery.html

You might take help also from this article to perform quick edb to pst conversion: http://tipsoutlookexchange.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/quick-edb-to-pst-conversion/

This article explains some methods to export Exchange mailboxes to PST files in very simple and easy ways.

(in reply to admin503)
Post #: 6
RE: Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 3.Apr.2014 12:52:45 PM   
standard72

Try Exchange Recovery tool for recover of damaged file if it not work then you can try any other professional Exchange EDB Repair Tool
Free download click http://repaircorruptededbfile.blogspot.com

(in reply to rickytech)
Post #: 7
RE: Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database - 8.Apr.2014 1:04:32 AM   
clainmark

For Exchange Server, you either try to export with Exmerge in order to export Exchange Mailboxes into PST format and else if Exchange Server is unavailable and it is not possible to mount the database due to error messages, then opt for GUI based application to export Exchange mailbox to PST in offline mode.

Get more info about GUI based application:
https://sites.google.com/site/exchangeedbrecoverysoftware/

(in reply to standard72)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> Exporting mailboxes to PST files from Database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter