• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

All email into a single mailbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Compliance >> All email into a single mailbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All email into a single mailbox - 16.Oct.2012 6:49:35 PM   
gymiv

Using Exchange 2007 or 2010 is it possible to move all sent and recieved email into a single mailbox? Preferably in a secondary database. The email would need to be kept for an undisclosed period of time. I need to be able to search the email and bring up all email sent and recieved to a single user. Or is there a way to store all sent and recieved emails into a sql database so they can be indexed and searched that way? Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: All email into a single mailbox - 26.Oct.2012 5:21:47 AM   
pjhutch

Create a new mailbox on the new store for this purpose.

Open the properties of the mailbox store(s), click on the Maintenance tab and configure the Journal Recipient and select the mailbox you created.

Now all mail sent to users on those mailbox stores will now also be copied to your journalling user.

More info at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa998649.aspx

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to gymiv)
Post #: 2
RE: All email into a single mailbox - 4.Jan.2013 11:44:46 AM   
Admin

It seems like a peculiar way to archive all mail.

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: All email into a single mailbox - 14.Jan.2013 1:05:27 AM   
tarun1235

Hi,

If you are interested then I can recommend you a third party tool also which has the ability to easily search the messages from its search option on the basis of "From" (sender's name) and 'To' (recipient's name) field. After that you can select them and then move to the desired PST or Live Exchange format, but you cannot move all the items to a single mailbox if they are having large size.

Thanks

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 4
RE: All email into a single mailbox - 12.Feb.2013 11:28:29 AM   
sunilmkt

Go to the default Sent Items folder and in the Outlook menu select Tools, Rules and Alerts.
now Click the New rule button. after it Select the Start from a blank rule option, then select Check messages after sending option and click Next.
Check the specified account option and click the specified link in the bottom field. A dialog box display a list of all accounts. Select the account for this rule. now choose the Move it to the specific folder option and in the bottom window click the specified link. In the folder browser indicate the public folder to which the incoming messages will be moved. Click OK.

Healthcare IT Solutions | Retail Software Solutions

(in reply to tarun1235)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Compliance >> All email into a single mailbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter