• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Why do I have to keep Running New-EdgeSubscription every few days?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Why do I have to keep Running New-EdgeSubscription every few days? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why do I have to keep Running New-EdgeSubscription ever... - 10.Nov.2012 10:37:26 PM   
Ranger69

Problem Solved:

"This problem resolved after verifying the Edge Transport and Hub Transport were running the same Exchange Edition and Version. In this particular situation, Enterprise Edition was installed for the Hub Transport and the Standard Edition was installed for the Edge Transport.

Lesson Learned, always do your checks - even if the senior admin provides you with the software and licensing key."

EVENT 1005
Could not decrypt EdgeSync credential cn=ESRA.EDGESERVERNAMED.HUBSERVERNAMED.1,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,CN={A79C70ED-0683-4D71-A50A-04B2C7D19A21} using Edge default certificate with thumbprint 3C9EE07EA5B6B129732F59C08258AA6246EA11C0, The exception is Bad Key.
. Please unsubscribe and resubscribe your Edge Transport server.

Running New-EdgeSubscription without unsubscribing works, but later it I get event 1005 again.

I still get event 1005 when unsubscribing and resubscribing.

Hub Server 2007 Certificate Issued by Certificate Authority
Edge Server 2010 Certificate Issued by Certificate Authority
Edge Server thumbprint named in event 3C9EE07EA5B6B129732F59C08258AA6246EA11C0
Edge Server is not on the domain - is workgrouped

Test-EdgeSubscription Succeeds - works for several days
Start-EdgeSubscription Succeeds - works for several days

Why do I have to keep Running New-EdgeSubscription every few days?

< Message edited by Ranger69 -- 28.Dec.2013 11:04:58 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Why do I have to keep Running New-EdgeSubscription ... - 29.Nov.2012 10:59:32 PM   
kevin619

Installing the Edge Transport server is not very hard and configuring it is not a lot of work. We could start with the setup which will tell us which prerequisites are needed. If you would like to prevent this then download and install the following software before you start the setup:

Powershell 1.0
MMC 3.0
.Net 2.0
.Net 2.0 SP1
Active Directory Application Mode

Cygnis Media

(in reply to Ranger69)
Post #: 2
RE: Why do I have to keep Running New-EdgeSubscription ... - 29.Nov.2012 11:04:32 PM   
Ranger69

Problem Solved:

"This problem resolved after verifying the Edge Transport and Hub Transport were running the same Exchange Edition and Version. In this particular situation, Enterprise Edition was installed for the Hub Transport and the Standard Edition was installed for the Edge Transport.

Lesson Learned, always do your checks - even if the senior admin provides you with the software and licensing key."

< Message edited by Ranger69 -- 28.Dec.2013 11:05:34 AM >

(in reply to kevin619)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Why do I have to keep Running New-EdgeSubscription every few days? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter