• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to give Migrated Accounts Explicit Rights for Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Unable to give Migrated Accounts Explicit Rights for Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to give Migrated Accounts Explicit Rights for Pu... - 15.Nov.2012 7:00:54 AM   
digitalhitman00

We are currently going through a Migration from a forest with Exchange 2007 to a forest with Exchange 2010. The problem I am having is the ability to give explicit permissions to a migrated user account/mailbox to those public folders. When I open up the public folder permissions, I see that the user account, or the group that contains the user account, is listed with the approriate level of permissions to access the Public Folder. I can give non-migrated accounts (acocunts that were created natively in AD/Exchange) rights to the Public folders and all is fine. What I have noticed is that altering the Default permissions allows the migrated-user accounts the ability to access the public folders.

For example, Lets say I have Default/Anonymous set to 'None' for the rights to the public folder and I give the migrated account explicit 'Owner' or 'Publishing Editor' permissions to the public folders. That migrated account cannot see/access the Public Folder. If I give a non-migrated account explicit 'owner' permissions to the public folder, the non-migrated account can access the public folders with those permissions. So if I change the Default/Anonymous permission level to 'Publishing Editor', then the migrated accounts can then access the public folders according to the rights that I assigned to the default/anonymous account.

What do I need to do to these migrated accounts in order to define rights on their public folders? These migrated mailboxes are LINKED mailboxes. I have converted one mailbox to a user mailbox but I had no luck with that. I was wondering if maybe there is some AD Permissions that were not set correctly for migrated accounts?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Unable to give Migrated Accounts Explicit Rights for Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter