• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Backing up Ex 2010 using Backup Exec 2012 on a 32bit server problems. Need help finding a solution.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Backing up Ex 2010 using Backup Exec 2012 on a 32bit server problems. Need help finding a solution. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backing up Ex 2010 using Backup Exec 2012 on a 32bit se... - 20.Nov.2012 12:18:18 PM   
nmatveev

We recently upgraded to Exchange 2010. Problem is our Backup Exec 2012 is running on a 32bit server. When we try to do a backup we get an error telling us Backup Exec needs to be running on a 64bit server in order to backup the storage groups.
The reason we are using a 32bit server to run Backup Exec 2012 is because it is the only one that has the proper connectors to communicate with our Overland NEO2000 series library.
We can create a 64bit Virtual Machine and install Backup Exec 2012 there however we have no way of connecting it directly to the robotic library. Only the 32bit machine can talk to the library.
Questions:
Is there a way to pass through the SCSI connection made by the 32bit machine to a 64bit Virtual Machine across our network (they are all on the same rack) and back up that way?
Is there a way to backup to disk and then copy the backups on to the tape? I have looked for software that does this however have not found anything that is designed to do this specific job.
Are there any other options I have not considered.
Thank you ahead of time for your help!
Post #: 1
RE: Backing up Ex 2010 using Backup Exec 2012 on a 32bi... - 27.May2016 6:01:20 AM   
Jason233

Have a look on this software for Exchange Database through Ahsay backup software. It should Backup and Restore Microsoft Exchange Server is Simply a Breeze When using Ahsay™ Microsoft Exchange Backup Module in conjunction with AhsayOBM client-side backup application, backup and restore the whole information store of Microsoft Exchange Server can be done easily. Database hot backup. Fast multi-thread backup. In-File Delta incremental backup. Flexible scheduling. Unlimited retention. Secure 256-bit encryption. Local, LAN / WAN backup. Ahsay also provides us Exchange DAG backup and Exchange mail-level backup.

(in reply to nmatveev)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Backing up Ex 2010 using Backup Exec 2012 on a 32bit server problems. Need help finding a solution. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter