• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP Messages (Exch2007)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Messages (Exch2007) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP Messages (Exch2007) - 29.Nov.2012 11:38:20 PM   
exchDPA

We have a process which successfully sends SMTP messages generated by a flash application through ColdFusion. We need to do some modifications, so I set up a desktop at home which connects remotely to the production server and when I run the application from the test system, generated messages do not reach the intended recipient. To debug, I first went into exchange and altered SMTP logging to VERBOSE. Now when I send a message, I see the following:

"Failed to connect. Error Code: 10060, Error Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 125.7.68.102:25"

What is curious to me is the ip address which has nothing to do with me - it's an educational establishment elsewhere in Australia and I can't understand where this comes from. I'd like to see the message that SMTP received from my application - can anyone tell me where I might find this?
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP Messages (Exch2007) - 2.Dec.2012 8:21:33 PM   
exchDPA

OK, things have moved on - still not good though. I have set up another test system on a desktop at the business premises. It's a domain member and ColdFusion is able to connect to the SMTP server but when I send an email, ColdFusion does not indicate failure yet I can find no indication that Exchange 2007 ever saw the email. If it was rejected, where would that be logged? If it was accepted, where would that be logged? There are 3 SMTP Receive connectors configured and they have overlapping permission and authentication options - I'm curious as to how Exchange uses these. Does it try to pass the message through each of these until it either passes or fails?

(in reply to exchDPA)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Messages (Exch2007) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter