• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010 sp2 upgrade failed at Client Access Role

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Exchange 2010 sp2 upgrade failed at Client Access Role Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010 sp2 upgrade failed at Client Access Role - 1.Dec.2012 2:09:47 PM   
jjtbt

 

Posts: 3
Joined: 1.Dec.2012
Status: offline
I attempted to install Exchange 2010 sp2 this morning and it failed on the Client Access Role portion. This is on a Windows Standard 2008 R2 server...it's our only Exchange server. Here is the error on the screen:

Client Access Role
Failed

Error:
The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
$environmentVersion = [Environment]::Version.ToString(3) + ".0";
$aspNetPath = (get-itemproperty -path "hklm:\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET\$environmentVersion" -name Path).Path;
$aspNetRegIisPath = join-path $aspNetPath "aspnet_regiis.exe";
start-SetupProcess -Name:"$aspNetRegIisPath" -Args:"-config+" -Timeout:120000;
" was run: "Timed out waiting for process to complete".

Timed out waiting for process to complete
Click here for help...

Elapsed Time: 00:09:24
Mailbox Role
Cancelled
Finalizing Setup
Cancelled

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2010 sp2 upgrade failed at Client Access Role - 1.Dec.2012 3:00:59 PM   
jjtbt

 

Posts: 3
Joined: 1.Dec.2012
Status: offline
I took a chance and rebooted the Exchange server and all the Exchange services started and the version shows as Version 14.2 (Build 247.5) which is correct...but I'm still concerned that it failed on the "Client Access Role" step and then cancelled out on the "Mailbox Role" and "Finalizing Setup" steps.

I can get into my Outlook account through the full client and also the OWA client and I can send and receive messages successfully. However, I have found out that at the least in the OWA client I cannot delete messages...it shows "unexpected error" when I try to delete a message. So I will assume that I will run into other issues as well since it didn't complete.

< Message edited by jjtbt -- 1.Dec.2012 3:03:26 PM >

(in reply to jjtbt)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2010 sp2 upgrade failed at Client Access Role - 2.Dec.2012 9:31:35 AM   
jjtbt

 

Posts: 3
Joined: 1.Dec.2012
Status: offline
I got a suggestion on another forum to do the prerequisites again and reinstall. I originally added the features for the prerequisites under Web Server (IIS) through Server Manager from the instructions in the release notes, but I guess something must have been missing. I re-added them via a command line:

Add-WindowsFeature Web-WMI,Web-Asp-Net,Web-ISAPI-Filter,Web-Client-Auth,Web-Dir-Browsing,Web-Http-Errors,Web-Http-Logging,Web-Http-Redirect,Web-Http-Tracing,Web-Request-Monitor,Web-Static-Content

and then ran the upgrade again this time with "Setup /Mode:Upgrade /InstallWindowsComponents" to ensure everything was installed.

It installed correctly this time and all is well. Not sure why it failed the first time since all those components appeared to be installed originally, but as long as it works now, I won't worry about it. Now on to see if rollup 4v2 will work successfully.

(in reply to jjtbt)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Exchange 2010 sp2 upgrade failed at Client Access Role Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter