• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Server backup - log files

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Server backup - log files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server backup - log files - 7.Dec.2012 6:11:51 AM   
gbell3587

Hi All

Im new, apologies if this is in the wrong place. Ive recently taken over from our old IT guy & just wanted to ask a question about the server backup. So we have 2 drives, E & F that our mailboxes are stored on. The log files still write to C: drive which i guess is normal, however - is it normal that when backing up the mailboxes on E: and F: with a full VSS copy (thus removing transaction logs) that the log files wouldnt immdeiately remove & thus C: drive reduces in size?

The past few backups ive run, nothing seems to happen until C: drive is at a low space (i.e under 10gb free) - it gives me the fear that the log files wont clear and that the server will grind to a hault. I would have thought that after a backup has run, the transaction logs would clear in the few days after & reducing the size on C: drive gradually?

Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Thanks
Graham
Post #: 1
RE: Server backup - log files - 2.Jun.2016 6:57:40 AM   
Jason233

Ahsay backup software for the backup plan to our system. I am using this software and service is really good. If you want to do disk-to-disk backup solution for your data, then i would like to suggest you best solution for it i.e. Ahsay backup software.Have a try to software and gets the various types of benefits of it.

(in reply to gbell3587)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Server backup - log files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter