• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 - 17.Dec.2012 9:46:56 AM   
ChrisCaldwell

I have migrated from Exchange to Office365 so I think we're all set on that portion of this migration. The curve ball is the Lotus server. I just want to make sure the plan we have in place is solid one.

Currently we have a single Exchange 2003 in one location and a Lotus Notes server at another location. These servers are already talking and exchanging messages via a connector over the site to site vpn.

Initially it was suggested that we proceed with a Quest Software solution to migrate the Notes server directly to Office 365. We are now discussing migrating the Notes clients to our existing Exchange 2003 server then migrating to the cloud. I realize there is a lot more to it than that but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a solutions like this?

Would we be better off utilizing a Quest migration software package or since we already have Lotus talking to Exchange 2003 would be just as simple to install the migration tools and pull everyone over to Exchange 2003 then make the second hop to push them to the cloud?
Post #: 1
RE: Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 - 17.Dec.2012 11:08:12 AM   
admin503

Hello ChrisCaldwell,

Express Migrator for Office365 Migration tool will assist you here. It will do complete migration with meta data properties, permissions with the facility of numerous emails filters, date or size wise migration, character mapping and so on.

Pick the tool as per as your migration job choice:

Exchange Mailboxes to Office 365
Exchange Public Folder to Office 365

Lotus Notes to Office 365
Lotus Notes Documents Library to Office 365

The cost of tool is very low among other tools. Continuous support until migration process gets complete through any possible communication media.

(in reply to ChrisCaldwell)
Post #: 2
RE: Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 - 18.Jul.2013 2:39:28 AM   
henrikwalther3

with the the help of exchange migration wizard you can move source mailbox to targeted mailbox server. mailboxes will be migrated in same exchange organization or separate exchange organizations.Use mailbox move Wizard see the link below please,
http://forums.msexchange.org/fb.aspx?m=1800498833 and http://exchangeservermigration.blogspot.com

Before using exchange migration wizard read limitation & guideline careful.

(in reply to admin503)
Post #: 3
RE: Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 - 27.Dec.2013 5:45:29 AM   
emawatsone

Since there are several techniques for migration lotus notes data into Office 365 user accounts such as co-existence or via Exchange server. But in fact, most of them are too-time taking, resource consuming & complicated process. However, there is a simple technical solution to migrate lotus notes into Office 365 cloud that assures speed and data-security during migration. It migrates multiple Lotus Notes NSF files (without Domino Server) as well as migrate multiple Live Domino Mailboxes (no downtime) into Offline 365 accounts.

(in reply to henrikwalther3)
Post #: 4
RE: Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 - 19.Feb.2014 12:42:56 AM   
richardparker

For migrating the business data from lotus notes platform to office 365, there are two diverse ways. First method: connecting Lotus Notes with Exchange server and then synchronizing Exchange to Office 365. This requires to setup several environmental settings & Microsoft connector.
Second method: directly migrating from lotus notes system to office 365 with an external connector. This will be time & efforts saving and does not requires other environmental configuration settings.

(in reply to emawatsone)
Post #: 5
RE: Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 - 3.Apr.2014 7:27:45 AM   
BernardMcBride

Moving mailboxes and other data between cross forest environment is a complex process and requires lots of planning , efforts and times.However, to perform this migration process simple and quick, some companies are offering programs. One such tool that may help the users, is here:
http://bit.ly/1U9ze4P

< Message edited by BernardMcBride -- 18.Feb.2016 1:06:54 AM >

(in reply to richardparker)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migrating Lotus Notes and Exchange 2003 to Office365 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter