• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Anywhere fails for Exchange 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Outlook Anywhere fails for Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Anywhere fails for Exchange 2010 - 12.Jan.2013 1:48:11 PM   
vegas50

I am unable to get Outlook Anywhere to work, I have run the MSExchange2010 Best practices and get the following 2 errors.

The subject alternative name (SAN) of SSL certificate for https://mail.internaldomain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx does not appear to match the host address. Host address: mail.internaldomain.local. Current SAN: DNS Name=mail.external.net, DNS Name=www.mail.external.net, DNS Name=theexternal.net.

The subject alternative name (SAN) of SSL certificate for https://mail.internal.local/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync does not appear to match the host address. Host address: mail.internalserver.local. Current SAN: DNS Name=mail.internet.net, DNS Name=www.mail.external.net, DNS Name=internetname.net.

What is the best way to fix. The certs are right and I do have dns records in place, I am running a 2012 Essentials server.

Outlook internally seems to work but I did have to manually connect to my Exchange server and it still complains about the internal certificate and asks me to accept it as it does not match the external.

Thanks

< Message edited by vegas50 -- 12.Jan.2013 1:49:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Anywhere fails for Exchange 2010 - 1.Jul.2013 3:04:44 PM   
jveldh

Hi,

It looks like the internal urls are configured differently the the external once.
Can you run the following cmdlet and post the output:

get-webservicesvirtualdirectory|slect internalurl, externalurl

Regards,
Johan

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to vegas50)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Outlook Anywhere fails for Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter