• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Anywhere changes & Auth

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Outlook Anywhere changes & Auth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Anywhere changes & Auth - 15.Jan.2013 5:21:09 PM   
skipdog77

Issue #1: Clients on the LAN fail over to Outlook Anywhere occasionally when their mailbox moves to a different server, or if temporarily loss of connectivity with current CAS servers.

Question: I noticed while deploying our F5 vip that the guidance mentioned making sure that the Outlook Anywhere DNS name IS NOT accessible on the internal LAN. We currently use the OWA.domain.com name for everything including Activesync, Outlook Web App, Outlook Anywhere. Should we add a SAN to our existing certificate and change the URLs for OA so that it cannot resolve internally? Would this solve that particular issue?

Question: If we change the URL, will the profiles (remote and local) pick up the changed URL, or will we have to manually modify the Outlook profile for every single user? Anyone done this before? Would Autodiscover correct this URL?

Issue #2: We rolled out Outlook AnyWhere with BASIC authentication a while back and want to move to NTLM. Our firewall/LB supports NTLM.

Question: If we make the change in EMC, will the Outlook 2007/2010 clients all need to be manually changed? Will Autodiscover help us out?

Thanks,
Skip
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Outlook Anywhere changes & Auth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter