• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

using different send connectors based off email address policies?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> using different send connectors based off email address policies? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
using different send connectors based off email address... - 18.Jan.2013 5:06:56 PM   
ilovemyjob

hi,

we are in the process of trying to put togeether a 'cloud exchange' hosted environment where we host multiple customers on one exchange server. I have run into an issue where one customer(the first customer that is live on this setup) set up postini send/recieve connectors on the server itself.all outbound mail on the server is going out thru a smarthost.

we are thinking of putting another customer on here but this one does not use postini and would use DNS MX records for sending mail.

We currently have these users seperated by OU, and I have create an email address policy that will attach thier domain name when creating a new mailbox for users in that specified domain.

my question is, is it possible to use multiple send connectors on the exchange server and tell it to route mail based off the sendors domain name? is this possible?

Additionally, what other potential issues can one see with hosting this type of environment? I am trying to gather a list for my boss. So far I have run into issues with users being able to see each other in the GAB, viewing public folder/permissions, and now this.

Thank you for your help!
Post #: 1
RE: using different send connectors based off email add... - 24.Jan.2013 2:37:01 AM   
clausc

Hi,

Exchange itself doesn't support different send connectors based on the *sender* of the email. But there is a a 3rd party tool that adds this feature: MultiSendcon.
With that installed Exchange forwards all emails to MultiSendcon and that selects your SMTP relay / Smarthost or direct dns sending based on the sender or sender domain of the email.

(in reply to ilovemyjob)
Post #: 2
RE: using different send connectors based off email add... - 24.Jan.2013 5:31:01 AM   
Victor Ivanidze

There exists an alternative product named RouteBySender:
http://ivasoft.com/routebysender.shtml

Best regards,
Victor

(in reply to clausc)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> using different send connectors based off email address policies? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter