Restrict number of Recipients per email. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General

Scrib -> Restrict number of Recipients per email. (22.Jan.2013 5:47:31 AM)

Hi,

I'm trying to get my head round setting up recipients per email in Exchange 2010. In Exchange 2003 we have the global default set to 200 recipients per email, but then certain users (i.e. the comms department) can send to 1000.

How do I achieve this in Exchange 2010? If I understand it correctly, if I set the Transport Settings to 200, then no one will be able to send to more than 200 recipients per email, regardless of what is set in the mailbox 'Delivery Options'.

So the solution would seem to be to set the Transport Settings to 5000 and then set each individual mailbox to 200, apart from the comms department whcih will be set to 1000. Is this correct? And if so is there a way to set the default to 200?, or do I have to manually set it everytime we set up a new mailbox?

pjhutch -> RE: Restrict number of Recipients per email. (22.Jan.2013 10:48:00 AM)

In our Exchange Organisation we have set the global limit to a max of 500 recipients per email. Then if a user requires more than this, then setting the Delivery options per user if they require more.
This has worked so far.

Scrib -> RE: Restrict number of Recipients per email. (26.Jan.2013 8:52:36 AM)

OK thanks for the reply.

So you are saying that I if set the Organisation Configuration - Hub Transport - Global Settings - Transport Settings - Maximum number of recipients to 200, this will set everyone to a 200 recipient mail limit (default) and then I can change individuals on their own mailbox settings?

The resons for this is the business do not want individuals sending emails to the entire company, thus the restriction.

pjhutch -> RE: Restrict number of Recipients per email. (26.Jan.2013 12:02:14 PM)

Yes, that is exactly right.

Page: [1]