• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Restrict number of Recipients per email.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Restrict number of Recipients per email. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restrict number of Recipients per email. - 22.Jan.2013 5:47:31 AM   
Scrib

Hi,

I'm trying to get my head round setting up recipients per email in Exchange 2010. In Exchange 2003 we have the global default set to 200 recipients per email, but then certain users (i.e. the comms department) can send to 1000.

How do I achieve this in Exchange 2010? If I understand it correctly, if I set the Transport Settings to 200, then no one will be able to send to more than 200 recipients per email, regardless of what is set in the mailbox 'Delivery Options'.

So the solution would seem to be to set the Transport Settings to 5000 and then set each individual mailbox to 200, apart from the comms department whcih will be set to 1000. Is this correct? And if so is there a way to set the default to 200?, or do I have to manually set it everytime we set up a new mailbox?
Post #: 1
RE: Restrict number of Recipients per email. - 22.Jan.2013 10:48:00 AM   
pjhutch

In our Exchange Organisation we have set the global limit to a max of 500 recipients per email. Then if a user requires more than this, then setting the Delivery options per user if they require more.
This has worked so far.

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to Scrib)
Post #: 2
RE: Restrict number of Recipients per email. - 26.Jan.2013 8:52:36 AM   
Scrib

OK thanks for the reply.

So you are saying that I if set the Organisation Configuration - Hub Transport - Global Settings - Transport Settings - Maximum number of recipients to 200, this will set everyone to a 200 recipient mail limit (default) and then I can change individuals on their own mailbox settings?

The resons for this is the business do not want individuals sending emails to the entire company, thus the restriction.

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: Restrict number of Recipients per email. - 26.Jan.2013 12:02:14 PM   
pjhutch

Yes, that is exactly right.

Peter Hutchison MCP
Exchange Administrator
University of Huddersfield

(in reply to Scrib)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Restrict number of Recipients per email. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter