• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

large email size, but missing attachment

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> large email size, but missing attachment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
large email size, but missing attachment - 7.Feb.2013 6:01:58 PM   
dallandra

Hi Guys,
having an issue where a 3rd party is sending a daily distribution email to a number of our users. this daily email contains a few lines of text and always has an attachment of approx. 1MB.

this arrangement has been working for months, but for the last 2 weeks the emails have been coming in to each of our subscribed users without the attachment. yet, the mail size in outlook says it's 1MB. i've checked in OWA (to exclude any issues with outlook compatibility) and the attachment also is not present

i've read this article http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6135/mystery-missing-e-mail-attachments and it refers to emails sent from outlook in RTF and not displaying in outlook express. however we use outlook 2003/2007 (exchange 2003).

we also use a mail screener service SeccomGlobal, which sits outside our org. and filters spam/does virus checks etc, before forwarding the email onto us. they have said the email arrives at their end without an attachment, and consequently forward the same email onto our org. so i deduce simply that it's not something on our end causing this problem.

interestingly however, when a user from the sender's-end sends the attachment in an email manually from their own mailbox, it arrives in it's entirety at our end. again, if it's sent from their automated distribution list then it comes through without attachment but with a email size (1MB) indicating it at one stage had it??

also SMTP headers in the received email (that doesn't have attachment) does state that it was sent with attachment. as you can appreciate from this information, the sender is saying it's not their problem

any advice??
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> large email size, but missing attachment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter