• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010 RDB won't mount - eseutil reports missing logs, but they are present

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Exchange 2010 RDB won't mount - eseutil reports missing logs, but they are present Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010 RDB won't mount - eseutil reports missing... - 27.Feb.2013 5:03:42 AM   
chuckmaginessfabals

Can anyone help with this, please? I have an Exchange 2010 recovery database (500 GB approx.) that won't mount.

I've tried all the eseutil options I can think of, except /P, which I gather will involve data loss. and I'm running out of ideas.

eseutil /mh tells me the restored database is in a dirty shutdown state, and that it requires 94 logs. The logs in the range quoted are actually present in the restored data, but I can't get eseutil to replay them into the database.

The TDP restore job was of a FULL backup and 2 subsequent INCREMENTALS, and said it completed successfully.

I specified target DB and log folders. The targer log folder contains a handful of files with an E02 prefix. TDP created a subfolder, '_restoredLogs', where it put 35,124 files, all with an E00 prefix. (Incidentally, I don't understand why this differs from the prefix in the parent folder.)

If I run eseutil /r against the parent folder and E02 prefix, it completes almost instantly, but the DB still won't mount. If I run it against the subfolder and E00 prefix, it fails with error -528 (JET_errMissingLogFile, Current log file missing), and says

"Recovery has indicated that there might be a lossy recovery option. Run recovery with the /a argument."

but when I use /a it says exactly the same.

When I run eseutil /Cc or /Cm against the subfolder or the parent log folder, it returns

Operation terminated with error -939586631 (The restore environment information isn't found or can not be opened.
) after 0.0 seconds.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

SUMMARY OF RESTORED DATA:
=========================

The restore to RDB was of a FULL backup and 2 subsequent INCREMENTALS. I specified RDB locations of:

X:\RDB01 (database)
X:\RLogs (logs)

1. TDP put the database in X:\RDB01.

2. In X:\RLogs, it put:
E02.chk (recovered file fragment)
e00res00001.jrs
E02.log
E02.res0000n.jrs, where n is a hex. numeral (10 files)
E02tmp.log
E020000000n.log, where n is a numeral (8 files)

3. TDP also created a subfolder, X:\RLogs\_restoredLogs, in which it put:
e00.chk (recovered file fragment)
e00res00001.jrs
e00res00001.jrs
E00restore.env
E00tmp.log
e02.chk (recovered file fragment)
E00001nnnnn.log, where n is a hex. numeral (35,124 files)

This is the folder containing the log files which eseutil /mh says are 'required'. They are all there - none is missing.

The mailbox server environment comprises a 2-node DAG.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2010 RDB won't mount - eseutil reports mis... - 27.Feb.2013 5:15:53 AM   
admin503

Ahhhh...... you data is on stake :(

Only eseuil /p is left but it might call for data loss

Adom Watson (Technology Expert)
http://www.ost2pstpro.com/

(in reply to chuckmaginessfabals)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2010 RDB won't mount - eseutil reports mis... - 27.Feb.2013 6:15:01 AM   
chuckmaginessfabals

Thanks for the reply. I may have to resort to eseutil /P, then.

Supplementary information:

When I run eseutil /ml e02 in the parent logs folder, it OK's all the files and says 'No damaged log files were found.'

When I run eseutil /ml e00 in the logs subfolder, it OKs a few, then says 'Operation terminated with error -528 (JET_errMissingLogFile, Current log file missing) after 706.828 seconds.'

Just trying to see what I can find for that error, but any other comments welcome!

(in reply to admin503)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2010 RDB won't mount - eseutil reports mis... - 24.Jul.2017 7:57:23 AM   
johnpark.tech2012

Run eseutil /mh command to verify your database consistency:

quote:

eseutil /mh "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

Yhen try to perform soft recovery first:
quote:

eseutil /r "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

Perform a hard repair :
quote:

eseutil /p "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

Here are some easy steps also to fix this issues: http://exchangeserver.tumblr.com/post/1096516368/resolve-error-unable-to-mount-the-mailbox-store-in

(in reply to chuckmaginessfabals)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Exchange 2010 RDB won't mount - eseutil reports missing logs, but they are present Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter