• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Jetstress - Results

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Jetstress - Results Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jetstress - Results - 13.May2013 8:12:18 AM   
scott.mcgrath

Hi,

We are putting in a Personal Archive infrastructure here. It's basically 8 MB Servers with about 100TB of data hosted on IBM V7000

Jetstress is coming back and telling us that the I/O Log Writes Average Latency (msec)is running high at an average of about 14ms which should be >10ms.

I'm not terribly concerned to be honest, as these databases can suffer a bit of poor performance because they're just archive databases, but obviously I answer to a project team. They want some documented proof that this will still work. I'm finding it hard to get that so thought I'd throw it out to the group.

Have any of you had experience with sizing servers for archive databases only? Or know of any documentation that might support this?

Most of the documentation around this are for user mailboxes which are obviously more sensitive to performance hits.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Jetstress - Results - 20.Jun.2013 6:48:18 AM   
jveldh

Hi Scott,

Did you have a look at the IBM storage itself and contacted IBM about it. I have seen cases where Jetstress did report high latency but where no latency was visible on the storage.

My advice is to contact the storage vendor to have a look at the storage and maybe make a trace on that side.
Besides you might want to contact Microsoft PSS for assistance and confirmation. They probably will let you make a storeport trace which they will need to investigate.

Regards,
Johan

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to scott.mcgrath)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Jetstress - Results Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter