• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Existing 2010 Exchange moving to total new enviroment

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Existing 2010 Exchange moving to total new enviroment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Existing 2010 Exchange moving to total new enviroment - 15.May2013 11:55:56 AM   
wooying

All Exchange Experts

Here is my issue, I have an exist Exchange 2010 environment (single server) that runs Mailbox, Hub Transport and Client Access roles. All on a physical server. Here is what I like to do:

1) Create a 2 new Exchange environment (virtual)

2) Setup DAG

3) Move the exist mailbox to new environment.

4) Prepare for 365 cloud and on premise environment

I am kind of nervous to touch the existing environment since there only 1 physical server and if a mistake is made there no way to roll back hence creating a new environment on VM just incase. Anyone with this experience or any bottlenecks I maybe facing if I were to create this environment? Thanks again.
Post #: 1
RE: Existing 2010 Exchange moving to total new enviroment - 6.Jun.2013 5:32:49 AM   
tarunpant

Hi,

Exchange 2010 has the provision for CAS and DAG provision and that is what the most beneficial thing from this version of the server. If you want to manually proceed for the Mailbox migration, it will be a tedious task and if you hold the customer data, then beware risking it. Better option is to create PSTs for the data and then transfer them wherever you want. Here I can recommend you a third party tool for all these tasks.

Option 1: Use the program to Convert PSTs for every single mailbox from your current CAS configuration and then transfer these PST data to office 365 and DAG using the product itself. It will be a 2 step process using the product.

Option 2: Use the program to directly connect to CAS in source and Office 365/DAG in destination and move the Mailbox data in a single step process.

It is the best program in the market currently with the most economical price and highly recommended by me. Manual process will take huge time and risk is involved, the program will eliminate the risk but will cost you what it takes for the work.

You can visit the website by the name lepide.com and can check their recovery manager product.

Note: for accessing the CAS mailboxes, you need to have an administrative account which can access all the mailboxes on all the servers in the CAS and this admin's outlook profile should also be configured.As in this case, you need only one license to work, so far what I know

(in reply to wooying)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Existing 2010 Exchange moving to total new enviroment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter