• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Modify Existing Email Headers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Modify Existing Email Headers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modify Existing Email Headers - 23.May2013 5:20:12 PM   
wdjenkins

Is anyone aware of a way you could programatically go through and Exchange mailbox and alter the "From:" address on existing emails.

Scenario: I have a ton of emails in my mailbox from bob.smith@companyA.com, and his email address is now bsmith@companyB.com. Of course anything new from him will have the correct new address, but if I reply to any of his old emails or calendar events, they will go to the old and now invalid email address.

So is there any tool that (could be something run against Outlook) can go and modify all the headers with the new address? Or any other way to force the reply's to only go to the new address?

I'm asking this because I have a situation where it not just one mailbox or just one person's email address. I would really like some non-manual way to handle this scenario since its needed on multiple mailboxes and multiple "from:" addresses.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Modify Existing Email Headers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter