• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

User's emails/GAL entry only show x500 / LDAP address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> User's emails/GAL entry only show x500 / LDAP address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
User's emails/GAL entry only show x500 / LDAP address - 27.Jun.2013 5:05:08 AM   
Panzerbjørn

I have a user (Just the one) who doesn't have full details in his GAL entry. When I look at his entry, only the Display field is populated, and that shows his x500 address, all the other fields are blank.

In the Exchange 2010 console, his entry looks fine.
If he emails someone, he doesn't get any replies, due to his email address not showing.

If I clear my Outlook Cache, he still comes up with just the x500 address in the Display field.

I have tried to google it, but I can only find issues where it was happening to everyone, but this is suddenly just happening to one user.

Any ideas anyone?
Post #: 1
RE: User's emails/GAL entry only show x500 / LDAP address - 3.Jul.2013 7:25:37 AM   
Panzerbjørn

Ok, whatever is wrong with the mailbox, it seems quite serious.

1) The user can user the mailbox using OWA, interesting.
2) When trying to open the mailbox in Outlook, I get the usual error "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Microsoft Exchange is not available. etc etc etc". Well, it is usual when Exchange is off-line, but again, this is the only mailbox that gets this.
to be fair, this was my fault I suspect. I removed all the entries from the 'E-mail Addresses' tab in the EMC, and then let the E-mail Addresses Policy recreate addresses. Before this, the mailbox could at least be opened.

3) This is presumably why I can't export the contents to a PST so I can just create a new mailbox for the user:
[PS] C:\>New-MailboxExportRequest -mailbox '<username>' -Filepath \\fileserver02\My_Share\User\Export.pst
Couldn't connect to the source mailbox.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [New-MailboxExportRequest], RemoteTransientException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : B840771F,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.NewMailboxExportRequest

I am going to see if I can move the mailbox, but I doubt that will work :-[

Any ideas anyone?
Post #: 2
RE: User's emails/GAL entry only show x500 / LDAP address - 8.Jul.2013 10:16:18 AM   
Panzerbjørn

Sometimes it is better to admit defeat than to struggle on needlessly.

Attaching another user to the mailbox didn't work.

The maibox couldn't be exported to PST.

And it couldn't be moved to out Exchange 2003 environment -_-

So, in the end i disconnected the user from the mailbox, created a new one for him, opened the old mailbox in OWA, moved his items to Public folder, and then in Outlook from the public folders to his new mailbox.

fortunately he didn't have anything work-related in his calendar...

(in reply to Panzerbjørn)
Post #: 3
RE: User's emails/GAL entry only show x500 / LDAP address - 11.Jul.2013 1:45:59 AM   
pstviewer

I am agree with you Panzerbjørn.

(in reply to Panzerbjørn)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> User's emails/GAL entry only show x500 / LDAP address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter