• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ActiveSync device partnership issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> ActiveSync device partnership issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ActiveSync device partnership issue - 3.Jul.2013 7:07:25 AM   
JonL.

 

Posts: 1
Joined: 3.Jul.2013
Status: offline
Hello,

We're a little behind in keeping up with the latest technology and I just finished bringing on a "new" Exchange Server 2007 to transition to from our existing 2003 Exchange. Both are running quite well right not with no issues that I can tell. I have a couple of mailboxes on 2007, but that's it at this point.

We have a BES server with only few phones and it still works fine. My mailbox is on the 2007 and after a few changes, my BB still receives mail.

OWA is working minus an internal redirect issue when the mailbox is on the 2007 server - that is expected at this time, however.

To get to the point, I want to rid myself of the BES server, if I can and have been testing out ActiveSync. After about a day of receiving Internal Server Error 500, I finally was able to get a device to sync and have absolutely no problem in getting mail, calendar, etc. to my IPhone 5. The problem though is that the device does not show up in ESM, so I can't manage it. As of right now, no user that existed before the 2007 Server was brought in can get a device to show up in the ESM or OWA, but they do still connect and sync.

I have tried setting the Inherited permissions, manually giving the create/delete permissions to msExchActiveSyncDevices for specific users, and several other well-known "fixes" for similar issues. However, most of the related issues prevent the device from actually syncing and I don't have any problem with that. Nothing is in the event log, even with diagnostic logging enabled. I've also confirmed that users tried are not a member of any of the AdminSDHolder protected groups. Manually enabling the flag to active the device button in ESM works, but it still doesn't show any devices. The Exchange Connectivity Test passes everything. I have re-run PrepareDomain, PrepareAD, etc. to try and fix the permissions. I just can't find anything that works, nor do I really know what I'm looking for that would fix this problem.

If I create a new user with a mailbox on 2007 and sync a device, I do get the device to partner and show up in the ESM console and OWA. Just not existing users.

Anyway, I hope someone can help. I'd love to use ActiveSync, but I have to have a way to manage user devices.

< Message edited by JonL. -- 3.Jul.2013 7:09:48 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> ActiveSync device partnership issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter