• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database - 18.Aug.2013 7:07:12 PM   
fazza1

Hi,

Exchange is not my strong point but I could do with some help pls.

I notice the exchange database was not mounted, so I tried to do it manually but I got this error.

--------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Exchange Error
--------------------------------------------------------
Failed to mount database 'Mailbox Database'.

Mailbox Database
Failed
Error:
Couldn't mount the database that you specified. Specified database: Mailbox Database; Error code: An Active Manager operation failed with a transient error. Please retry the operation. Error: Database action failed with transient error. Error: A transient error occurred during a database operation. Error: MapiExceptionJetErrorFileIOBeyondEOF: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-4001)
[Database: Mailbox Database, Server: xxxxx.xxx.local].

An Active Manager operation failed with a transient error. Please retry the operation. Error: Database action failed with transient error. Error: A transient error occurred during a database operation. Error: MapiExceptionJetErrorFileIOBeyondEOF: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-4001)
[Database: Mailbox Database, Server: xxxxx.xxx.local]

An Active Manager operation failed with a transient error. Please retry the operation. Error: MapiExceptionJetErrorFileIOBeyondEOF: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-4001)
[Server: xxxxxx.xxx.local]

MapiExceptionJetErrorFileIOBeyondEOF: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-4001)

I have stopped the information store and VSS services but no join. I tried to run estuil /mh but black screen just flashed up and disappeared.

The data base path looks wrong, I thought it should c:\ ?
D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox\Mailbox Database\Mailbox Database.edb

pls help
Post #: 1
RE: sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database - 19.Aug.2013 12:37:24 AM   
fazza1

Thank you for replying.

Sorry for being a numpty how do I make a copy?
Post #: 2
RE: sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database - 19.Aug.2013 1:36:11 AM   
fazza1

I have copied and pasted the mailbox database. Not sure if this was the type of backup you meant.
Post #: 3
RE: sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database - 19.Aug.2013 3:29:03 AM   
fazza1

Using the Windows Backup I have recovered the mailbox database and its now mounted, but the public folder store did not recover and is still unmounted. any suggestions?
Post #: 4
RE: sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database - 19.Jun.2014 5:49:39 AM   
amanda_lakai

If the inbuilt exchange repair utilities fail to recover the corrupt EDB database, then the automated Exchange recovery tools are the only option left for user.

You can find a lot of such Exchange recovery software. If any wrong tool is applied to your corrupt exchange database then it can sometimes lead you to complete data loss situations. Thus to avoid such dilemma, I would advise you to go for: Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery. It is trustworthy and proficient Exchange recovery software that let the user perform recovery without requiring much technical expertise. The software is available with free demo.

First try out the free demo version available at http://www.stellarinfo.com/edb-exchange-server-recovery.htm and evaluate the output of the software demo to check if it suits your needs or not.
Post #: 5
RE: sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database - 14.Aug.2014 2:32:26 AM   
PatLester

Checkout this blog post may be help you.
http://exchangeserverstips.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/how-to-solve-when-exchange-database-fails-to-mount-with-hr0x80004005-ec-528-error/
Thanks
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> sbs 2011 exchange 2010 failed to mount database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter