• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 Frontend and 2010 backend

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Exchange 2003 Frontend and 2010 backend Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 Frontend and 2010 backend - 21.Aug.2013 11:16:10 AM   
ggun

Hello,

I am new to the site and this is my first post. We have a small environment with just 3 Exchange servers, 2 2003 and 1 2010. One of the 2003 servers is our frontend and the other was the backend. 2010 was installed on another server before I started here. I have now been tasked with removing the old 2003 backend server. All the mailboxes and public folders have been moved to 2010 and new routing connectors have been set up between the 2003 frontend and the 2010 backend. I have also updated the Recipient Policies from 2003 to Email Address Policies in 2010. I am just about ready to remove Exchange 2003 from the backend server but have a few questions.

I know 2010 does not use the Recipient Update Service so is there any reason I can't just delete the service for Enterprise and the domain? Or is it needed since we still have the 2003 frontend server. All mailboxes are created on the 2010 server.

Also, since the new connectors have been created for the 2003 frontend to 2010 backend can the connectors for the Legacy RGC be deleted?

The old 2003 backend server has had all the Exchange services turned off for some time and was even powered down for a while with no ill effects on mailflow or email access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Gerard
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Exchange 2003 Frontend and 2010 backend Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter