• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA 2010 to OWA 2007 redirect issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2010 to OWA 2007 redirect issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA 2010 to OWA 2007 redirect issue - 26.Sep.2013 5:53:24 AM   
srasmus

Hi all

We are facing an issue regarding silent redirection of mailboxes from OWA 2010 to OWA 2007.

We have a mixed Exchange 2010/Exchange 2007 environment, and for the transition period of migration we wish to redirect OWA for mailboxes, that have not yet been moved, to OWA on the original Exchange 2007 server.

The internal and external DNS has been configured, and the Exchange 2007 CAS server ExternalUrl parameter has been populated with the correct legacy.domain.xx value.

In front of the Exchange 2010 CAS, a TMG 2010 server (providing FBA) is configured with two publishing rules, one for the OWA Url, and another for the Legacy Url.

OWA authentication on Exchange 2007 CAS is set to Basic.
OWA authentication on Exchange 2010 CAS is set to Basic.

When accessing OWA through TMG, redirection itself takes place - however, users must supply credentials twice:

1.First when accessing the new OWA URL on the Exchange 2010 CAS server
2.Then again, when accessing the legacy URL on the Exchange 2007 CAS server

The silent redirection works properly only when accessing OWA internally, and only when authentication is set to FBA on the Exchange 2010 CAS.

We are quite sure that the TMG publishing rules are configured correctly, however Exchange silent redirection brings up two authentication session when accessing OWA through TMG.

We use Exchange server 2010 SP3 RU2 Enterprise Edition and
Exchange server 2007 SP3 RU4 Enterprise Edition

Anyone have any idea?

Best regards
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA 2010 to OWA 2007 redirect issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter