• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

New Setup to Existing Network

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> New Setup to Existing Network Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Setup to Existing Network - 22.Oct.2013 9:54:34 AM   
Gman0941

Hey guys, Ok new job with existing Exchange 2010 setup. Two servers with DAG. Only one has the Transport layer and is doing all of the mail flow in and out. There is a management server to manage the DAG. The main server is over loaded and I need to put in some relief. So I was thinking putting in two more servers to be used for transport only and put them in from the DMZ (once the DMZ is built! LOL) Good Idea? Yes but is it the best idea? There is no limits on mailboxes so we have a lot of storage to deal with. That too will be corrected but for now I need o take the load off the main server. Or should I build two servers put them in there own DAG and split the databases and then put in two front end servers with the transport layer? They are all VMs and I have the lic so that is not an issue. This is my first experience with this type of network and could really use some direction on this. As of now the two servers have 12 gig memory and a single socket CPU with two cores. Any input is welcome.

Thanks

George
Post #: 1
RE: New Setup to Existing Network - 11.Dec.2013 2:15:20 PM   
Gulab

If your requirement is just to release the load from Hub Transport server then you just need to install new exchange 2010 Hub Transport server and that's it.

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger
Check out CodeTwos tools for Exchange admins

(in reply to Gman0941)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> New Setup to Existing Network Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter