• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP Relay

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Relay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP Relay - 20.Nov.2013 9:53:34 AM   
rrisher

Good Morning all,
I need some help on how to install SMTP and SMTP relay in Exchange 2013.
I have Exchange 2013 running on one box (front end and backend) with a separate Domain Controller.

I have a mail program that needs to send messages to staff through a rely using port 25 login and authenticating through a user in exchange.

so far I have modified the client front end receive connector to allow anonymous users and un check TLS. I can telnett into port 25 on the exchange server from other workstations on the domain however cannot get it to send.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Robert
Post #: 1
RE: SMTP Relay - 23.May2014 5:29:48 AM   
johnmichal

Hi rrisher,

To allow specific program and devices to relay to external recipients you need to configure a new receive connector.

In the Exchange Admin Center go to Mail Flow >> Receive Connectors. Select the server that you wish to create the receive connector on.

(in reply to rrisher)
Post #: 2
RE: SMTP Relay - 9.Sep.2014 5:51:49 PM   
cstap

You should not change the default SMTP connector... create a dedicated connector with the security options you need... then restrict it to accept only from your internal ip address range or the specific ip addressed that need to use it.

(in reply to rrisher)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Message Routing >> SMTP Relay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter