• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cutover or Stage migration or Hybrid -option

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Office 365] >> Exchange Online >> Cutover or Stage migration or Hybrid -option Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cutover or Stage migration or Hybrid -option - 13.Feb.2014 11:06:56 AM   
Mrb

I have Hybrid deployment with north.com. Part of the company will split in new company south.com.
I have O365 subscription for company North.com from whom I have deployed  hybrid with sso…
Fro Sout.com I have created new  O365 subscription. Users have mailboxes on-premises Exchange 2003/2007. All users fro Notrth.com will be migrated to O365 North subscription. Users Account will be left in AD. No SSO is required.

What is best way to move users    that are belonging  to Sout.com to South.com O365 subscription.
I was looking for stage migration, because it support that I can do that in stage, but I do not need  DirSync or SSO.
Second choice is Cutover, but I do not know, how to make it work as a batch, because  it is saying ALL users , so I can not limit to Only South.com
Post #: 1
RE: Cutover or Stage migration or Hybrid -option - 8.May2020 6:59:07 AM   
Edwin009

When you're deciding on a migration method, you should consider the following factors:
• The number of objects to be migrated
• The amount of data to be migrated
• Your existing email system
• Your Exchange Servers version
• The duration of the migration project
• The costs involved
It's important to have these details nailed down before you start migrating data. After you're clear on the basics, you can move on to choosing a migration method.

Migration methods
This section describes various email migration methods that you might want to consider.

CUTOVER MIGRATION
A cutover migration migrates all existing mailboxes, contacts, and distribution groups from an on-premises Microsoft Exchange system to Office 365.
This type of migration is performed as a single batch move that includes all of your mailboxes, contacts, and distribution group objects. There's no option to migrate objects selectively. After the migration is complete, every user that has an on-premises Exchange mailbox also has an Office 365 account.
When to choose a cutover migration
You might want to choose a cutover migration when the following conditions are met:
• The current on-premises Exchange environment is Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, or 2013.
• The current on-premises Hosted Exchange Hosting environment has less than 2,000 mailboxes.

STAGED MIGRATION
A staged migration migrates all existing users and resource mailboxes from on-premises Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 organizations to Exchange Online.
This migration method moves mailboxes to Office 365 over a period of time. When the process is complete, all mailboxes are hosted in Office 365. This option is suitable for medium-sized organizations.
When to choose a staged migration
You might want to choose a staged migration when the following condition is met:
• The source email system is Microsoft Exchange 2003 or 2007.

HYBRID MIGRATION
With a hybrid deployment, you can integrate Office 365 with your on-premises Exchange servers, and also with the existing directory services. This functionality facilitates the synchronization and management of user accounts for both environments.
Hybrid deployments provide rich features
A hybrid configuration wizard establishes federation and connectors between an on-premises Exchange environment and an Office 365 tenant.
With hybrid deployments, mailboxes can be natively moved in and out of Exchange Online. It's also possible to keep some mailboxes on-premises and some on Office 365.
You can also add password synchronization or single sign-on (SSO) so that users can log on to both the environments with their on-premises credentials.
When to choose hybrid deployments
You might want to choose a hybrid migration when the following condition is met:
• The source email system is Exchange 2010 or later. Learn more abot Hybrid Office 365 Migration and Hosted Exchange Migration to Office 365

(in reply to Mrb)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Office 365] >> Exchange Online >> Cutover or Stage migration or Hybrid -option Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter