• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrate SBS 2003 to Exchange 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Migrate SBS 2003 to Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrate SBS 2003 to Exchange 2010 - 4.Mar.2014 10:13:01 AM   
sytha74

hello all,

I'm currently doing a migration from SBS 2003 to Exchange 2010 on 2008 R2 Std.

I found different information on the net and I want to be sure before unistalling Exchange 2003 on my SBS.

My question is: do I need to delete mailbox store and public folder store before unistall Exchange 2003 (migration are finished and both stores are empty).

On some tutorial, I saw people don't delete it and on other they delete it.

I also find this :

o not delete any Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 administrative groups that ever contained mailboxes. The LegacyExchangeDN property on a mailbox from an Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 administrative group still references the Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 administrative group even after you move the mailbox to a server in the Exchange 2007 administrative group. Office Outlook 2003 and earlier versions use theLegacyExchangeDN property to get free/busy information. If the administrative group that theLegacyExchangeDN property references no longer exists, Outlook will not be able to find free/busy information. In addition, all versions of Outlook use the LegacyExchangeDN property when a user delegates access to folders by using the Outlook client. If you delete the legacy administrative group that the LegacyExchangeDN property references, Outlook will not be able to find the assigned delegated user."

So I'm not sure anymore. Is it just about administrative groups or also about mailbox store ?

Thanks by advance.

Sytha
Post #: 1
RE: Migrate SBS 2003 to Exchange 2010 - 6.Mar.2014 5:17:08 AM   
andrewdixon

Hi,
You may refer to the link mentioned below for your Exchange migration-
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee332348.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kw8a4kOo78

Or you can use any utility tool to move your mailboxes and public folder to exchange 2010. You may refer to many tools. Most prefered is Lepide exchange recovery manager which does these type of tasks quickly and in troublefree manner.
Get the free trial download from-
http://www.exchangemailboxmigration.com/

(in reply to sytha74)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Migrate SBS 2003 to Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter