• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes after migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes after migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes after m... - 9.Apr.2014 4:54:36 PM   
belerek

We're in the process of migrating mailboxes from Exchange 2007 to 2013. Most mailboxes don't have any issues, but for some, users are unable to use Outlook to connect to the mailbox after the migration. On Outlook 2007, Outlook starts, but cannot connect to the Exchange server, giving the Disconnected status. On Outlook 2013, Outlook doesn't start at all, instead showing this error msg:
Cannot open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your Outlook data file (.ost)

We've tried a few things, such as resetting the Information Store & RPC Client Access services, and running 'outlook.exe /nonavpanes', but they've not helped. The only workaround we've found is to export out to PST, disable/disconnect the mailbox, create new mailbox, import from PST, delete profile and restart Outlook. But this creates another issue in that other users can't use the auto-suggestion to send to this mailbox b/c its GUID has changed (emailing to full email address works). Regardless, we'd like to avoid this issue altogether.

BTW, OWA works in all instances, so we know the mailbox content itself is fine.

Any ideas as to why some mailboxes are running into this issue, and how to fix them? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes aft... - 16.Apr.2014 8:02:26 AM   
Gulab

Are you running Exchange 2013 RTM or SP1?
All those Mailboxes are on same database which are not working?

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger
Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

(in reply to belerek)
Post #: 2
RE: Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes aft... - 25.Apr.2014 6:04:35 PM   
andrewdixon

hi,

If you are migrating from exchange 2007 to 2013, then you must know that Microsoft doesn't allow you to migrate to a version skipping an intermediate one i.e. 2010 in your case. You must use an utility tool to migrate your data without any hassle and to avoid the risks associated.
Seek the communities for the utility tool suggestions.

Thanks..
Andrewdixon
Microsoft Exchange server Pro/Expert
www.exchangeserverrecovery.com

(in reply to belerek)
Post #: 3
RE: Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes aft... - 16.Jun.2014 12:25:16 AM   
JosephRobinson

Step by step guide to Convert Exchange Mailbox to higher version. Read carefully and doit yourself.
http://exchangeserverstips.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/steps-to-move-exchange-server-mailbox-to-higher-version/

Thanks
Post #: 4
RE: Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes aft... - 20.Jun.2014 6:55:37 AM   
EdaLutz

Safe solution to repair corrupt EDB file and convert Exchange EDB file to PST file within seconds. Software has great features - With this software every user can export EDB file to PST file with whole EDB folders... http://www.****/

(in reply to JosephRobinson)
Post #: 5
RE: Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes aft... - 20.Jan.2015 8:42:48 PM   
gmelodygong@gmail.co

If you lost data from Ooutlook, you can use the free any data recovery.

I personally used and it works well.

(in reply to EdaLutz)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> Ex07 to Ex13: Outlook issues for some mailboxes after migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter