Access is Denied in Management Shell (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management

rkircher -> Access is Denied in Management Shell (14.May2014 9:42:18 PM)

All,

I have a very frustrating issue that I can't solve and I hope someone here has seen it already.

Environment. Dell PE 420, 32gb RAM, 650gb OS partition, Running Windows 2012 Standard R2. This is a stand alone DC and the only server in the environment.

I've installed Exchange 2013 SP1 on a completely clean OS and after installation is complete (reboot included) when I try to access the system via the Management Shell I receive the following error.

VERBOSE: Connecting to mydc1.mydomain.local.
New-PSSession : [mydc1.mydomain.local] Connecting to remote server mydc1.mydomain.local failed with the following error
message : Access is denied. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
At line:1 char:1
+ New-PSSession -ConnectionURI "$connectionUri" -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Excha ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
gTransportException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AccessDenied,PSSessionOpenFailed

Additionally, when I try to go to mydc1.mydomain.local/ECP or OWA, I receive a Username or password is incorrect error and I'm returned to the log in screen.

I know EXCH on a DC is not ideal but I have exactly the same config on another server EXCEPT that server is running Server 2012 Standard (NO R2) and EXCH 2013 SP1

I've exhausted all the online resources and article I can find with no luck. It seems to me as if it is behaving like a CERT isn't right but I'm only using the self created certs provided at setup.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

troy12n -> RE: Access is Denied in Management Shell (24.May2014 2:34:17 PM)

Check time on all your exchange servers and DC's. Especially if you are running them in a VM environment. If your time is even just a little off, you will get kerberos errors and these type of "access denied" issues.

If it's not that, I ran into one time having to make a registry change because some oddball setting got messed up, but that was 2010, not 2013.

Page: [1]