• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Queue Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Queue Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Queue Question - 23.May2014 9:17:59 PM   
forgiven

Exchange 2013 SP1 all roles installed on 1 server in server 2012 hyper-v. Our queue is filled with spam that comes from <some id)@ourdoamin and goes to some unknown user on an unknown domain. We shouldnt use builtin recipient filtering due to multi role on 1 server (according to technet article). So my question is what are our options to combat our queue problem? Here is a link to a exchange forum with the same question. I only link it here so you can see the queue and the associated header:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/d4ab4e03-700c-44bb-a6f1-faacedea1820/queue-question?forum=exchangesvrgeneral
Post #: 1
RE: Queue Question - 24.May2014 2:28:46 PM   
troy12n

I think the more important question is, why are you not separating the roles like you should be? How many users do you have, and why are you running everything on one server? Is this your only Exchange server in your org?

(in reply to forgiven)
Post #: 2
RE: Queue Question - 24.May2014 6:51:55 PM   
forgiven

quote:

ORIGINAL: troy12n

I think the more important question is, why are you not separating the roles like you should be? How many users do you have, and why are you running everything on one server? Is this your only Exchange server in your org?

That's an easy one, don't have the resources/capital for MS servers. Most are Linux servers but we do have 1 MS server that does Remote Desktop services. Less than 10 users at the moment but we will be adding more users as time passes. Yes it is the only exchange server. Can you separate roles after designating all roles to a server?

(in reply to troy12n)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Queue Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter