• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Powershell command to create a new office 365 account on a hybrid Exchange 2013 server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Powershell command to create a new office 365 account on a hybrid Exchange 2013 server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Powershell command to create a new office 365 account o... - 28.May2014 9:39:03 AM   
horsemenl

Hello everyone,

We currently have an Exchange 2013 hybrid server that we are using for migrating our internal users from Exchange 2010 and Exchange online. Once all users have been migrated, Exchange 2010 will be commissioned and the internal Exchange 2013 server will be left for relaying.

My question is:

What is the powershell command that I would need to run on the exchange 2013 server to create an office 365 mailbox and associated Active Directory account?

Once the mailbox is created and Dirsync pushes it to the office 365 environment, I can provision the licenses from that side.

Thanks,
Larry
Post #: 1
RE: Powershell command to create a new office 365 accou... - 14.Sep.2014 5:25:42 PM   
sebmolendijk

quote:

ORIGINAL: JhonH

You can use the given powershell command to create a new Office 365 user account:

New-Mailbox -Alias hollyh -Name hollyh -FirstName Holly -LastName Holt -DisplayName "Holly Holt" -MicrosoftOnlineServicesID hollyh@corp.contoso.com -Password (ConvertTo-SecureString -String 'P@ssw0rd' -AsPlainText -Force) -ResetPasswordOnNextLogon $true

Hi,

No, the previous command would create a user+mailbox in the on-prem environment.

To create a new user, with a cloud mailbox, you should use New-RemoteMailbox, instead of New-Mailbox.
After the newt DirSync, and depending of the filters you would have configured in DirSync, the user will be available in Office 365 and you'll have to assign him a valid license.

Br,

Seb
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Powershell command to create a new office 365 account on a hybrid Exchange 2013 server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter