Powershell command to create a new office 365 account on a hybrid Exchange 2013 server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management

horsemenl -> Powershell command to create a new office 365 account on a hybrid Exchange 2013 server (28.May2014 9:39:03 AM)

Hello everyone,

We currently have an Exchange 2013 hybrid server that we are using for migrating our internal users from Exchange 2010 and Exchange online. Once all users have been migrated, Exchange 2010 will be commissioned and the internal Exchange 2013 server will be left for relaying.

My question is:

What is the powershell command that I would need to run on the exchange 2013 server to create an office 365 mailbox and associated Active Directory account?

Once the mailbox is created and Dirsync pushes it to the office 365 environment, I can provision the licenses from that side.

Thanks,
Larry

sebmolendijk -> RE: Powershell command to create a new office 365 account on a hybrid Exchange 2013 server (14.Sep.2014 5:25:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JhonH

You can use the given powershell command to create a new Office 365 user account:

New-Mailbox -Alias hollyh -Name hollyh -FirstName Holly -LastName Holt -DisplayName "Holly Holt" -MicrosoftOnlineServicesID hollyh@corp.contoso.com -Password (ConvertTo-SecureString -String 'P@ssw0rd' -AsPlainText -Force) -ResetPasswordOnNextLogon $true

Hi,

No, the previous command would create a user+mailbox in the on-prem environment.

To create a new user, with a cloud mailbox, you should use New-RemoteMailbox, instead of New-Mailbox.
After the newt DirSync, and depending of the filters you would have configured in DirSync, the user will be available in Office 365 and you'll have to assign him a valid license.

Br,

Seb

Page: [1]