• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to use AutoDiscover with large numbers of accepted domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Mobility >> How to use AutoDiscover with large numbers of accepted domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use AutoDiscover with large numbers of accepted ... - 4.Jun.2014 12:04:31 AM   
jack.chuong

Hi all,

I have Exchange Server 2013 hosting email for 3 domains, I purchased a SAN Cert (Geotrust) with "Certificate Subject Alt Name" : webmail.mydomain1.com , autodiscover.mydomain1.com , autodiscover.mydomain2.com , autodiscover.mydomain1.com , everything works fine with OWA, OutlookAnyWhere, AutoDiscover, ...

Now I want to host email for another domain : mynewdomain.com, but I don't want to extend SAN Cert. I added new domain to "Accepted Domains", created new mailboxs with new domain, "new domain users" can use OWA, MS Outlook normally (we ignore SSL Certificate warning) but when they set Exchange mailbox in their smart phone they get error :

Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid ==>
Certificate name validation failed ==>
Validating the certificate name ==>
Certificate name validation failed
and
Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the HTTP redirect method ==>
The attempt to contact Autodiscover using the HTTP Redirect method failed ==>
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is checking the host autodiscover.newdomain.com for an HTTP redirect to the Autodiscover service ==>
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer failed to get an HTTP redirect response for Autodiscover ==>
An HTTP 403 forbidden response was received. The response appears to have come from Unknown. Body of the response:

HTTP Response Headers:
X-FEServer: ExchangeServer
Content-Length: 0
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 07:18:28 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

Elapsed Time: 374 ms. 

After searching, I found a solution here http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/mobility-client-access/using-autodiscover-large-numbers-accepted-domains-part1.html

So I create a new site autodiscover.mynewdomain.com in IIS and redirect it to https://autodiscover.mydomain1.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml

But this time I get error 404 when perform test:

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is checking the host autodiscover.mynewdomain.com for an HTTP redirect to the Autodiscover service.
 	The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer failed to get an HTTP redirect response for Autodiscover.

Additional Details

A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 404 - NotFound response was received from IIS7.

HTTP Response Headers:
Content-Length: 1245
Content-Type: text/html
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 04:32:50 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Elapsed Time: 414 ms. 
Post #: 1
RE: How to use AutoDiscover with large numbers of accep... - 4.Jun.2014 2:14:49 AM   
jack.chuong

Hi all,
I found out the reason, because I didn't create virtual directory AutoDiscover in new domain website so it cannot work.
This article http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5787.exchange-2010-multi-tenant-autodiscover-and-dns-configuration.aspx is very helpful.

(in reply to jack.chuong)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Mobility >> How to use AutoDiscover with large numbers of accepted domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter