Exchange 2010 CAS server in NLB reboot forces some users to re-authenticate (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General

paladax -> Exchange 2010 CAS server in NLB reboot forces some users to re-authenticate (26.Jun.2014 10:40:09 AM)

I have 4 Exchange servers.

2 X CAS servers
2 X Mailbox servers

The mailbox servers are in a DAG. That works fine and replication happens between them quite happily.

The 2 Cas servers are in a NLB and seem ok with that. However, if I reboot one of the CAS servers then some of my users get prompted for their credentials. If you try re-enter the credentials then it just keeps coming up asking for the password. If they close outlook and re-open then it seems to be fine. From what I can gather online this is because the Outlook session has authenticated against the CAS1 for instance. And if CAS1 goes offline, then NLB not being that intelligent swaps the connection over to CAS2. But CAS2 then see’s this as a new connection and so asks for the password again.

Is this right or have I misconfigured something? If it is right then is there any way to get around it? Or is it just the way it is and on the odd occasions that we have to reboot in the middle of the day users will just have to close and re-open where necessary?

Page: [1]