• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook clients not connecting and OWA/ECP not working -- HELP!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> Outlook clients not connecting and OWA/ECP not working -- HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook clients not connecting and OWA/ECP not working ... - 26.Jun.2014 7:06:40 PM   
gerryan

I have managed to bork a client's Exchange server and need some help getting things back to normal.

Scenario:
Server: Windows Server 2012 (not R2) (Hyper-V VM)
Exchange: Exchange Server 2013 CU5 Build: 913.22 ( single-server - Mailbox+Client Access )

Problems:
a) Outlook clients cannot connect (just keep prompting for password)
b) EAC and OWA do not work -- login screen appears but gives an error or just hangs after entering credentials

Mail is still flowing through the server, and (interestingly) Windows Phones and iPhones can still connect and send/receive emails (??).

Background:
This all began when I attempted to do two things:
1) add a new SAN certificate (and remove the old one)
2) configure redirection to simplify OWA URL ( mail.domain.com.au instead of https://mail.domain.com.au/owa )

After doing both things, above symptoms appeared and I have so far been unable to find a solution despite several hours of googling and trying every promising lead I could find.

Everything I have done since has been in the areas of Certificates, and IIS website / virtual directory configurations.

Some things I have tried:

removed the new certificate and reverted to the old one and checked/verifed the service bindings via Exchange Shell -- no joy.
gone right through all the redirection settings and compared them with another 'good' server and could not find any errors (and the redirection is working as far as the login screen).
checked the OWA and ECP virtual directory Internal Authentication Methods are set to Basic and Forms (and matched against a working server)
removed (and subsequently reinstated) the 127.0.0.1 bindings on the Default Web Site that some links I found suggested could be a problem (although they are also present on my working server)

The symptoms suggest to me that the main problem is to do with authentication as everything seems to break at the credentials stage, but I have absolutely no idea how to fix what I have broken.

Is there anyone out there who can give me a hand or some fresh ideas?

Is there a simple way of doing a 'repair' on Exchange 2013? Or to rebuild/repair the Exchange website?

Regards,

Gerry
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook clients not connecting and OWA/ECP not work... - 27.Jun.2014 12:51:32 AM   
gerryan

This issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Gerry

(in reply to gerryan)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook clients not connecting and OWA/ECP not work... - 14.Aug.2014 5:39:08 PM   
minor22

How did you resolve it?

(in reply to gerryan)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook clients not connecting and OWA/ECP not work... - 28.Aug.2014 1:16:59 AM   
lolo075249

Madjid Bougherra is **** 14 Coins unanimously regarded as one of Algerias mainstays, having played a central role in Les Fennecs qualification for the 2014 **** World Cup Brazil? Also if you are desire to buy cheap **** 14 coins, **** coins,you can always come to the best online store at our website to get them in a minute and enjoy your game at most! The second time in a row they have reached the world finals.The dependable 31yearold central defender is now hoping to lead his country outside the group phase for the first time ever. That task promises to be a difficult one, with Russia, Korea Republic and Belgium providing the opposition for the Algerians, who **** 15 Coins begin their Group H campaign against the Belgians in Belo Horizonte on 17 June.

(in reply to minor22)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> Outlook clients not connecting and OWA/ECP not working -- HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter