• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Database Copy LUN Size

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Database Copy LUN Size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Database Copy LUN Size - 30.Jun.2014 3:32:50 AM   
catkinson

Hi,

Quick question about database copies and the storage requirements.

I understand that for a DB copy, each MBX server has to have the same drive letters for the relevant drives/LUNS, but what about size?

Do the drives have to be the same size?

The reason for asking is that we already have two MBX servers and all our DBs have copies on drives that are exactly the same size. We are looking to replace the underlying hardware one by one (i.e. introduce a new MBX server to the DAG and copies, then eject the old one, rinse and repeat), and are hoping to increase the capacity of the drives at the same time.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Database Copy LUN Size - 30.Jul.2014 4:02:13 AM   
amanda_lakai

In the above mentioned case, you donít need to keep the drives to be the same size. During storage migration the drive size can be different but remember that while production your drives size should be the same. If you will keep them different then the copies will not work when one of them fills up.

(in reply to catkinson)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Database Copy LUN Size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter