• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Need to search & archive emails - Best practice?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Need to search & archive emails - Best practice? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need to search & archive emails - Best practice? - 9.Jul.2014 4:02:52 PM   
SR286

Hello,

I need to archive a subset of emails for one of my end users as per HR. This needs to be done without the knowledge of the end user. I would love to be able to recover his deleted items as well. After giving myself Full Access to the target mailbox via the Exchange Management Console, I can log into the remote server and gain access to the target mailbox. I am not able to use Recover Deleted Items this way. It is grayed out (in Outlook 2007).

What is the best practice when HR and/or the lawyers of the company want an archive of someone's email?

Thank you in advance,
SR
Post #: 1
RE: Need to search & archive emails - Best practice? - 10.Jul.2014 2:56:56 PM   
SR286

I added the accounts I needed to access to my Outlook on the RDP server. I went into Deleted Items and recovered the deleted items. Then I saved their mailbox to a PST. Is this the best practice for this?

Other research brought up ExMerge. Has anyone slurpped up the recovered deleted items and the rest of the mailbox this way?

(in reply to SR286)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Need to search & archive emails - Best practice? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter