• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA session timeout using Basic Authentication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA session timeout using Basic Authentication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA session timeout using Basic Authentication - 11.Jul.2014 8:20:32 AM   
explosive0

Hi all,

I know with forms based authentication, you can change the default session timeout values. Is this possible when using basic authentication?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: OWA session timeout using Basic Authentication - 30.Jul.2014 1:00:11 AM   
amanda_lakai

Using form based authentication, you can change the OWA session timeout by configuring the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchange OWA

It is not possible to set timeout of OWA using basic authentication.
With Basic authentication, when you are login the OWA will not use a cookie on the client to timeout the session. The browser will keep a cache copy of the login credentials and session till you close/log off the session.

For more info, visit the below links:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/4966bd19-d5ac-4572-96db-756548a0d345/exchange-2010-session-timeout-using-basic-authentication?forum=exchange2010
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/7b29837a-83ae-4d49-8e05-c99d8041a5c6/exchange-owa-with-basic-authentication

(in reply to explosive0)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA session timeout using Basic Authentication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter