• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Failover went to wrong site on some phones

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Failover went to wrong site on some phones Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Failover went to wrong site on some phones - 22.Jul.2014 6:12:23 AM   
Slack6

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 22.Jul.2014
Status: offline
Hi,

Our setup is as follows, all Exchange 2010 SP2.

We have 4 servers, each running all roles, in a DAG.

In SITE1 we have SITE1-Server1 and SITE1-Server2.

In SITE2 we have SITE2-Server1 and SITE2-Server2.

We are live in SITE1 and all users connect here and all live DNS points to SITE1.

We had Failover setup pointing to SITE2.

Last year, I added a second mail domain to our Exchange server. I don't just mean accepted domain, I added a unique OWA / Exchange ActiveSync / ECP site etc.

This works fine in live.

The problem I had happened when due to a DB issue, a single DB failed over to the DR site. While it kinda worked for some people, a lot of peoples phones got broken. What happened is that they automatically reconfigured themselves to point to failover.newdomain.com, even though they were part of the original domain.

As a result, even once I had failed the DB back to the correct site, users mobile devices all needed reconfiguring.

My question is, how can I set this up so that doesn't happen? Not the DB failover, that is already set (we had 2 failed DBs in live so it had to fail there). I mean how can I stop users pointing to the wrong domain when they fail over?

I expect that I missed a step when setting this up, but I am not sure what.

Any help or pointers would be great.

Thanks - James
Post #: 1
RE: Failover went to wrong site on some phones - 22.Jul.2014 7:06:19 AM   
Slack6

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 22.Jul.2014
Status: offline
I suppose, to help clarify what happened.

Lets say our primary domain was DOMAIN.COM and that I added the 2nd identity of OTHERDOMAIN.COM

User@Domain.Com would usually end up pointing to mail.Domain.Com in the server config.

When the DB flipped over to the other site, they ended up pointing to Failover.OTHERDomain.com instead of the expected failover.domain.com

Sorry if I am not explaining this very well, any questions, please ask.

Thanks

< Message edited by Slack6 -- 22.Jul.2014 7:07:28 AM >

(in reply to Slack6)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Failover went to wrong site on some phones Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter