• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cross Forest Migration 2010 to 2013

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> Cross Forest Migration 2010 to 2013 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cross Forest Migration 2010 to 2013 - 22.Jul.2014 3:27:52 PM   
angusmclean

I am migrating from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 cross forest. I have Exchange setup in the new forest and can successfully migrate users using the Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 and New-MoveRequest. The new forest is a resource forest so the accounts are disabled and the mailboxes are linked to the original (accounts) forest. What I want to know is can I use the same namespace for the new environment and proxy/redirect client connections back to the legacy exchange 2010 server?

2013 Environment has all the URL names: webmail
2010 Environment has all the URL names: legacy

Currently when i test this in my lab I get an error in OWA X-OWA-Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.UserHasNoMailboxException
Post #: 1
RE: Cross Forest Migration 2010 to 2013 - 19.Sep.2014 7:14:01 AM   
claudeollis

I am sure my post would play helpful role in for recovery for corrupt, damaged or inaccessible MS Exchange EDB files and convert them to PST.

Try:- http://www.exchangeserver.pcrecoverytools.com/
Post #: 2
RE: Cross Forest Migration 2010 to 2013 - 10.Jul.2017 5:24:09 AM   
bloggeranjalitomar

Trying the Exchange admin center from a 2013 Server Add the 2013 Client Access Server or Multi-role server to the Exchange Send Connector(s). Remove the 2010 Client Access Server or Multi-role Server(s) and Save.

You can also using this steps :

1- Setup your new forest, configure Exchange servers, destination forest must use source Exchange as smarthost to route emails to internet.
2- Create trust between both domains.
3- Install ADMT on source forest.
4- Configure Password export server (otherwise you need to create password for all users).
5- Enable Proxy MRS
6- Install certificates.
7- Create one test user, uses script prepare-moverequest.ps1. This script creates MEU on destination and a X500 email address used to route mailflow during process.
8- Use ADMT to migrate user. Disable SID filtering and export user password. After finish this step, you have moved user but not mailbox.
9- Move mailbox, can use EMC or new-moverequest cmdlet. After this point, must to clean cache on Outlook clients or setup any kind of GAL sync between both forests.
10- Remove password requirement for this user (set pwdlastset to -1)
11- Test (inbound, outbound, access from owa...)
13- Optional: you can setup a federation trust to share free/busy from calendars between forests.
14- Move service accounts/groups using ADMT.
15- Bulk move (prepare-moverequest + admt + new-moverequest)
16- Change inbound/out mailflow from source to destination servers
17- Move computer accounts
18- Do a clean SID/remove federations, trusts...
19- Decomission old forest.

Read more article : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633491(v=exchg.150).aspx

OR

https://www.petri.com/microsoft-exchange-2010-cross-forest-migration

Otherwise, you can also try to exchange migration tool that can easily perform cross forest migration : http://exchangeserver.tumblr.com/recovery-for-exchange-server

(in reply to claudeollis)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> Cross Forest Migration 2010 to 2013 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter