• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Returning Email Failure Messages to Desired Receipient

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Message Routing >> Returning Email Failure Messages to Desired Receipient Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Returning Email Failure Messages to Desired Receipient - 24.Jul.2014 1:29:23 PM   
pasharp

Question about whether Exchange can handle this.

I am customizing a java application that currently sends emails. Typically we configure the application to send the emails generated to the customers SMTP gateway.

In this customization, the user will enter their email address (or it will default) as the FROM: and then enter one or more email addresses in the "TO" field, along with Subject and body text. They system will also generate some attachments.

The user will then "Submit" and the java app will generate the emails and forward them to the gateway.

I'm trying to account for the occurrence if an email fails after the java application forwards them to the gateway. For example an email address typo in the "TO;" line. I'd like those FAILURE messages (whether generated by Exchange or originating from the TO email system back to exchange, such as an "Out of Office" reply) to go back to the person in the "FROM" field into their regular email Inbox so they know that the person never got the email that was generated by the java application.

Essentially, I want the same functionality from the corporate Exchange system as if the user generated this email in the native email client, aka Outlook, that they are using.

Is this just typical functionality that Exchange handles no issue out-of-the-box? Is there a particular configuration the Exchange needs to have to support such a scenario?
Post #: 1
RE: Returning Email Failure Messages to Desired Receipient - 5.Aug.2014 7:13:58 AM   
BisherSH

this is a typical functionality ,
make sure you specify the ReturnPath as the sender email address

BR

(in reply to pasharp)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Message Routing >> Returning Email Failure Messages to Desired Receipient Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter