Move DAG witness server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability

marbus -> Move DAG witness server (27.Aug.2014 3:24:43 AM)

Hi.
Have a question about moving the DAG witness server.
I have added the “Exchange Trusted Subsystem group” to the local administrators group on the newserver and run the following Shell
Set-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -Identity ”DAGname” -WitnessServer ”newservername” -WitnessDirectory C:\DagWitnessDirectory
I don’t get any error message and when i look att the DAG status i see the new witness server.
But there is no WitnessDirectory on the new server. Do i have to move the witnessDirectory manually from the old server to the new server.

/M.B

amanda_lakai -> RE: Move DAG witness server (28.Aug.2014 3:21:32 AM)

You have already added your system to the Exchange Trusted Subsystem. Also add the Exchange Trusted Subsystem group to the domain administrators group

Check out the below link to know “how to add a new witness server and witness directory to an existing 2010 DAG.” http://exchangeserverpro.com/configure-file-share-witness-exchange-2010-database-availability-group/

Verify the witness directory settings. Run the following Exchange Management Shell commands and check the settings of your witness server and witness directory.

[PS] C:\>Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -Identity DAG -Status | fl
[PS] C:\>Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -Identity DAG -Status | fl name,servers,witnessserver,witnessdirectory,alternatew
itnessserver,alternatewitnessdirectory,operationalservers,primaryactivemanager,witnessshare

Page: [1]