• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How can I recover Exchange server database when log file is Missing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Office 365] >> Exchange Online >> How can I recover Exchange server database when log file is Missing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I recover Exchange server database when log fil... - 28.Aug.2014 12:40:17 AM   
alexhall

Hi

I received some log file error message and I unable to access my Exchange server database please help me to resolve this issue.
Error Message is

# -515 (0xfffffdfd)

Alex Hall
Post #: 1
RE: How can I recover Exchange server database when log... - 6.Nov.2014 5:28:21 AM   
jay.vyas84

Hi Alex, you would need to understand what log files are required to bring the database to a clean shutdown state. To do this you would need to run eseutil /mh database.edb. The output should list logs required. Now check the transaction log files folder to check if you have the required log files. If yes, move these transaction log files into a new folder and nagivate cmd to the new folder and run eseutil /r eoo (where e00 is the transaction log sequence. the first three letters in the transaction log file). Mostly E00 is the last transaction log and to check the sequence number, you would need to run eseutil /ml e00.log.

If all log files are present the eseutil /r would run successfully bringing the database to a clean shutdown state. If logs file are missing and you are running exchange 2007, 10 or 13, you can run eseutil /r /a e00 to trigger a lossy recovery. If you are running exchange 2003, the only option you would have would be run do a hard repair by running eseutil /p database.edb.

Also, refer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb267001(v=exchg.80).aspx

Hope this helps.

(in reply to alexhall)
Post #: 2
RE: How can I recover Exchange server database when log... - 2.Dec.2014 4:32:59 AM   
ronniepaul

I completely agree with jay.vyas84 member, first you need to check clean state of the database using Eseutil /mh command lines

After using this command if you are getting dirty state of the database then you need to check transaction log file statement. Run Eseutil/ml command

If the log file is in unhealthy state then you need to perform both recovery tasks - soft & hard. You need transaction log files for the soft recovery task but as earlier you mention that you have received few log file error messages which related to the missing log files then in my opinion you need to perform hard recovery task using this command - Eseutil/p

< Message edited by ronniepaul -- 2.Dec.2014 4:34:13 AM >

(in reply to alexhall)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I recover Exchange server database when log... - 11.Jul.2017 12:44:32 AM   
bloggeranjalitomar

Try to restore it again from the backup, before stating any process of Exchange mailbox database recovery users need to check the state of EDB database using Eseutil/mh command. After, running above-mentioned command if users find the dirty shutdown state of the database, then recovery of the Exchange mailbox database should be first or run eseutil/p on the database to recover the database from the existing log file then repair the database corruption.

Try the following solution:

1. Look folder c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA
2. Copy last E000xxx.log, E00.log and E00.chk to other place
3. Delete E00.log
4. Rename last E000xxx.log to E00.log
5. Execute c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA>"c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\Eseutil" /r e00
5. You may need this procedures with following order: c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA>"c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\Eseutil" /g

c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA>"c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\Eseutil" /p
c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA>"c:\\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\Eseutil" /d

Hope it will work for you.

For more info : http://exchangeserver.tumblr.com/

(in reply to ronniepaul)
Post #: 4
RE: How can I recover Exchange server database when log... - 5.Aug.2017 6:03:55 AM   
armias1

The software easily recovers corrupted edb database and create the PST file.

Important features of the software

Restores damaged EDB files
Extracts EDB files from BKF files directly
Recovers mailboxes, public folders, and archive mailboxes from EDB files
Retrieves deleted items from mailboxes
Extracts attachments from emails
Saves retrieved data in Outlook PST files, production Exchange, and Office 365
Migrates data between Exchange/Office 365 and Exchange/Office 365
Performs need-based recovery/migration of mailboxes, folders, and item
Provides search option to find specific items quickly and easily
Offers preview of both the source data and the destination data on the same window
Provides instant copy-paste and drag-drop facility to move items from the source to the destination
Generates Operation Logs to provide the details of the performed tasks
Supports all versions of Exchange Server, MS Outlook, and Windows OS
Read more and free downlaod click here : https://exchangeserverrepair.blogspot.com

(in reply to bloggeranjalitomar)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Office 365] >> Exchange Online >> How can I recover Exchange server database when log file is Missing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter