• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How can I recover Exchange server database when log file is Missing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Office 365] >> Exchange Online >> How can I recover Exchange server database when log file is Missing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I recover Exchange server database when log fil... - 28.Aug.2014 12:40:17 AM   
alexhall

Hi

I received some log file error message and I unable to access my Exchange server database please help me to resolve this issue.
Error Message is

# -515 (0xfffffdfd)

Alex Hall
Post #: 1
RE: How can I recover Exchange server database when log... - 6.Nov.2014 5:28:21 AM   
jay.vyas84

Hi Alex, you would need to understand what log files are required to bring the database to a clean shutdown state. To do this you would need to run eseutil /mh database.edb. The output should list logs required. Now check the transaction log files folder to check if you have the required log files. If yes, move these transaction log files into a new folder and nagivate cmd to the new folder and run eseutil /r eoo (where e00 is the transaction log sequence. the first three letters in the transaction log file). Mostly E00 is the last transaction log and to check the sequence number, you would need to run eseutil /ml e00.log.

If all log files are present the eseutil /r would run successfully bringing the database to a clean shutdown state. If logs file are missing and you are running exchange 2007, 10 or 13, you can run eseutil /r /a e00 to trigger a lossy recovery. If you are running exchange 2003, the only option you would have would be run do a hard repair by running eseutil /p database.edb.

Also, refer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb267001(v=exchg.80).aspx

Hope this helps.

(in reply to alexhall)
Post #: 2
RE: How can I recover Exchange server database when log... - 2.Dec.2014 4:32:59 AM   
ronniepaul

I completely agree with jay.vyas84 member, first you need to check clean state of the database using Eseutil /mh command lines

After using this command if you are getting dirty state of the database then you need to check transaction log file statement. Run Eseutil/ml command

If the log file is in unhealthy state then you need to perform both recovery tasks - soft & hard. You need transaction log files for the soft recovery task but as earlier you mention that you have received few log file error messages which related to the missing log files then in my opinion you need to perform hard recovery task using this command - Eseutil/p

< Message edited by ronniepaul -- 2.Dec.2014 4:34:13 AM >

(in reply to alexhall)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I recover Exchange server database when log... - 18.May2017 6:12:49 AM   
SanaCA

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexhall
I received some log file error message and I unable to access my Exchange server database please help me to resolve this issue.

Have you tried Eseutil and Isinteg? Both are built-in repair tools in Microsoft Exchange Server. By using these tools, you can repair EDB file. Refer to this blog post for complete information - Repair Exchange Database with an Easy Manual Trick | N. Sem's Blog

Thanks.

(in reply to alexhall)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Office 365] >> Exchange Online >> How can I recover Exchange server database when log file is Missing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter