• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Strange OWA 2013 People (Address Book) Issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> Strange OWA 2013 People (Address Book) Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange OWA 2013 People (Address Book) Issue - 19.Sep.2014 9:53:34 AM   
tbennett300

Hello,

I have a very weird issue with the OWA 2013 address book that I wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about. My issue is that when a user logs into the OWA interface (regardless of browser version), if they then click on 'People' to see the address book, the list of names is shown, but details for any given name are not shown, so instead all you see in the right-most pane is the name, a blank picture (we don't use pictures anyway) and the 'Contact' and 'Notes' links. If I select a name from the list, OWA treats the action as if I'm trying to bulk select entries with the CTRL key and the mouse, and there's no apparent way to stop this. Oddly - until today, because now this appears to have stopped working as well - you could search on a name, the results would be returned and by cicking on any given name you could see all of the details you would expect to see in the regular view.

I've done a trace from the browser F12 tools when trying to look at a name in the GAL list, and when I click on a name the browser shows a POST request with the details showing as 'service.svc?action=GetPersona and the return from that is:

Header: Object
ServerVersionInfo: Object
MajorVersion: 15
MinorVersion: 0
MajorBuildNumber: 775
MinorBuildNumber: 35
Version: "V2_4"
Body: Object
MessageText: Active Directory operation did not succeed. Try again later
ResponseCode: ErrorADOperation
ResponseClass: Error
Persona: Null

I'm starting to suspect AD, but AD looks fine, however two other people have since told me about an issue they see when doing a Get-ADDomain (in that it fails) and have provided this:

http://blog.webactivedirectory.com/2011/10/13/powershell-errors-connecting-to-active-directory-domains-and-forests/

Which states that a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller is required in the domain. We have Windows 2008 SP2 DCs.

I can't see any obvious issue with my AD, however I will be rebooting them out of hours later, but as far as I knew, a Windows 2008 SP2 domain is compatible with Exchange 2013 CU3, unless Microsoft have sneaked something else in that no longer makes that true.

From a wider view, I'm really disappointed with the quality of this product from Microsoft, because their quality control seems to have been poor, and they have had a few opportunities (RTM, CU1 to 3 for us so far) to get it right. I myself found the genuine bug which led to this (free!) resolution from Premier Support, which also forms part of the CU6 update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2981835

We migrated from 2010, which for us was relatively rock solid, but I've had issue after issue with 2013 (some of which may yet appear on here for further advice).

Anyway, if anyone does have any information to share on this, it would be hugely appreciated.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> Strange OWA 2013 People (Address Book) Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter