• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using Outlook After 2010-2013 Mailbox Migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> Using Outlook After 2010-2013 Mailbox Migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Outlook After 2010-2013 Mailbox Migration - 25.Sep.2014 3:45:13 PM   
KiwiPete

Hi all,

I am having trouble opening mailboxes with Outlook after migrating it from Exchange 2010-2013.

My Exchange 2010 has a certificate from an internal certificate server while my Exchange 2013 server now has a SAN certificate from DigiCert.
When I try and open Outlook using a mailbox that has been migrated to 2013 I get the following message "Cannont open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your Outlook data file (.ost)".
The same mailbox work through OWA. When I delete the profile then recreate it I am unable to put in the dns name of the 2103 server to check the username. I can put in the dns for the 2010 server and it converts it to the 2013 dns but returns the same message.
I also get the same result when creating a new test user and trying to create their Outlook profile.

I had originally tried this with internal certificates on each server but decided to purchase a public certificate for Exchange 2013 and followed the series of "Managing Certificates in Exchange Server 2013" articles on this site.

I figure I have something configured incorrectly in dns or autodiscover but am having trouble working out what.

Peter
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration >> Using Outlook After 2010-2013 Mailbox Migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter