• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Concerns - First Time Installing Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Concerns - First Time Installing Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Concerns - First Time Installing Exchange - 9.Oct.2014 4:11:50 PM   
Modify_inc

Hello, first time setting up an Exchange server. I just now installed Exchange server 2010 on a Dell PowerEdge 2900 with Server 2008 R2 installed. I am officially lost as to what to expect exactly from the Exchange server. My prime objective is to share MS Outlook 2013 calendars, but the added benefit of a centralized email server is nice too. I know there are alternatives to sharing calendars in Outlook, but they are cumbersome and unfriendly to work with.

My current concerns:

1. Will we still use the same email addresses provided by our email service provider or will I have to create new email addresses in Exchange?

2. During the installation, it asked me to enter the domain name you will use with your external Client Access servers. I put our current email domain address there, mail.xxxxxxxxx.com. Is that correct or should I have put our domain name or even something else?

3. I called our email service provider and stated we now have an exchange server, if they had any additional details to provide us, such as a mail server address to enter in our exchange server, etc., but she said she had no ideal and that they were not trained in that area. Great! I said, that makes two of us.

To be honest, the email portion of Exchange is not that important to our small business currently. We would like to share our calendars in Outlook 2013, and Outlook states that we can share them if we have MS Exchange.

So, does anyone know if it’s possible to just setup the ability to share calendars without successfully configuring the “mail” portion of Exchange? I mean this is worst case scenario, as I hope to configure the mail successfully.

Thank you
Mike
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Concerns - First Time Installing Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter