New-MigrationBatch -Powershell for one user (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management

overloadu -> New-MigrationBatch -Powershell for one user (15.Oct.2014 10:12:20 AM)

Greetings!

I hope someone can guide me down the right path. I have searched google and this site and I am not sure where else to turn.

With my limited understanding I see that the EMC uses New-MigrationBatch commandlet to do individual moves. You have the option to select one or more users and you can elect to use a csv. If you do your selection of one user you can setup the batch name and email notification. Great! What I don't understand is how to achieve this via powershell. In Exchange 2010 it would tell you the command it did to complete the job so you could educate yourself.

Every where I search it all talks about using csv.

What we are attempting to do is automate some of work via Orchestrator and once of the operations we are using is moving the mailbox to an archive db. We would like the email notification to go out at the end of the move to let the team know it either moved or not. How can I go about using New-MigrationBatch against one user via powershell??

Thanks for your help in advance!

overloadu -> RE: New-MigrationBatch -Powershell for one user (17.Oct.2014 2:05:29 PM)

So after some more extensive testing and using the show command logging from another enviroment (as the one I have now is not SP1) if found that the move command for a single user calls a @ CSV command and uses ASCII to fill in the rest of the information. Wow now that is old school!

New-MigrationBatch -Name 'test batch' -NotificationEmails @('email@email.com') -AutoStart:$true -AutoComplete:$true -BadItemLimit '10' -CsvData @(69,109,97,105,108,65,100,100,114,101,115,115,13,10,**REMOVED FOR PRIVACY**) -TimeZone 'Time zone: Id=Mountain Standard Time; DisplayName=(UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)' -PrimaryOnly:$true -Local:$true -TargetDatabases @('DB2')

Page: [1]