• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Setup 2nd DAG member to send/receive mails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Setup 2nd DAG member to send/receive mails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setup 2nd DAG member to send/receive mails - 21.Oct.2014 7:02:16 PM   
snakez

I have 3 exchange 2010 servers in a DAG under the same domain "domain.com". I have two physical sites "Site-A" and "Site-B". In "Site-A" are located my first 2 exchange DAG members "email01" that is the first and main server and "email02". In "Site-B" I have the 3rd DAG member "email03". Both sites are connected together so the all the DAG members communicate with no problem under the same domain. Currently "email01" server from "Site-A" is managing all the email traffic, so all users from both sites are getting their emails through "email01" server using internally "email01.domain.com" and from outside "mail.domain.com" to access the emails

I have an incoming physical relocation of "Site-A" where our main server "email01" is located. So I'm trying to configure "email03" server that is located in "Site-B" to send/receive email traffic for the users in domain as well.

I have configured already an A record and MX record to point "email03" from outsite using "mail-B.domain.com" and setup the firewall to accept communication for https(443) and smtp(25) pointing to "email03"

In "email03" Exchange Management Console I have created send connectors and receive connectors pointing to the new setup "mail-B.domain.com" with almost the same setting from "email01" connectors but pointing to "mail-B.domain.com" instead. But after is not working at all.

First I create a new test user in the "email03" mailbox from "site-B" and tried to configure Outlook to test this new user account. But when I specify "email03.domain.com" as exchange server and username, after click "Check Name". Outlook automatically is changing the server name to "email01.domain.com". Also if I try over to connect over OWA from a remote location using the new settings "https://mail-B.domain.com/owa" that points to "email03" and open correctly but after enter the new test user credentials the OWA shows a message

"A temporary change has occurred that requires you to connect to a different server. To connect, click the button below. For security reasons, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password again."

or

" Use the following link to open this mailbox with the best performance: https://mail.domain.com/owa ".

So is forcing me to use the "email01" server. Also I after some research I ran the tool "Remote Connectivity Analyzer tool" and the connectivity test failed validating the certificate name while testing SSL certificate with the following detail

"Host name mail-B.domain.com doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=EMAIL03.

Elapsed Time: 1 ms. "

Please Help any suggestion that help me to make this work. I'm a rookie in Exchange.
Post #: 1
RE: Setup 2nd DAG member to send/receive mails - 21.Oct.2014 11:11:11 PM   
snakez

I want include the 3 servers have the same Roles:

Email01 (Site-A) - Hub Transport, Client Access, Mailbox
Email02 (Site-A) - Hub Transport, Client Access, Mailbox
Email03 (Site-B) - Hub Transport, Client Access, Mailbox

(in reply to snakez)
Post #: 2
RE: Setup 2nd DAG member to send/receive mails - 20.Jan.2015 11:45:07 AM   
mcoulianos

Is there a particular reason you aren't using a load balancer to handle the connections for all of your exchange servers?

This really seems like a very poor way to configure multiple servers for redundancy.

You should load balance the connections at each site tying all of this together so that anytime an account is setup the same server info can be used. The load balancer will decide which site to use based on bandwidth/latency.

The DAG does not need to be load balanced and can be left as is assuming you have setup a separate private network for it.

Unless I'm missing something you should not be using the individual server information to access/setup mailboxes just because they happen to reside on that servers database.

I would be happy to provide some assistance if desired. I have tons of links/info that would be of value to your situation.

I currently manage a fully redundant exchange environment. We have 2 exchange servers load balanced via clustered load balancers that have redundant spam filters sitting in front of them. All connected to redundant private/public access switches.

Anddddd.....It's all virtualized which not too many people are doing right now with exchange. Although to be honest it isn't necessary.

(in reply to snakez)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Setup 2nd DAG member to send/receive mails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter