• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OutlookAnywhere - MAPI Mail Store endpoint - attemped to ping failed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> OutlookAnywhere - MAPI Mail Store endpoint - attemped to ping failed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OutlookAnywhere - MAPI Mail Store endpoint - attemped t... - 25.Oct.2014 6:49:51 PM   
SpinalKracker

Hi,

I have a DC (Server 2012 R2) setup, with RDS and EXCHANGE (with MS Exchange 2013 SP1) as virtual servers.

RDS is facing the internet (mail.domain.com @ Port 443), and is using ARR with URL Rewrite for OWA, EWS, Autodiscover, ActiveSync and ECP, rewriting all requests to EXCHANGE.

When I run tests on https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com for Outlook connectivity, it fails saying:

quote:

Attempting to ping the MAPI Mail Store endpoint with identity: 86b551b0-c6d5-4ec4-8f1b-66e01b29beeb@domain.com:6001.
The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.
Elapsed Time: 3310 ms.

Telnet from DC or RDS into EXCHANGE on port 6001 works fine.

However, I am concerned that there may be two things preventing this from working:

1) 86b551b0-c6d5-4ec4-8f1b-66e01b29beeb@domain.com:6001 <-- shouldn't this be trying to connect to mail.domain.com:6001 and not domain.com?

2) Even if there is nothing wrong with the above, I would assume it is using RDS's standard 443 port, and trying to ping 6001 on RDS itself, since as far as I know, URL Rewrite has no rules to forward port requests on to exchange.

Am I right in my assumptions?
Post #: 1
RE: OutlookAnywhere - MAPI Mail Store endpoint - attemp... - 29.Oct.2014 2:35:46 AM   
SpinalKracker

Would anyone will be able to help me with this?

(in reply to SpinalKracker)
Post #: 2
RE: OutlookAnywhere - MAPI Mail Store endpoint - attemp... - 6.Nov.2014 5:45:07 AM   
jay.vyas84

NOT a good time to have RDS and Exchange on the same box.

When you say RDS and Exchange on the same box, do you have two NIC and IPS? you cant bind 443 for exchange and RDS to a single IP

Mailbox guid would appear in Exchange 2013 so that is fine. can you run netstat -ano >output.txt to see if port is listening?

Attempt to install RD after installing exchange and test your luck :)

Post #: 3
RE: OutlookAnywhere - MAPI Mail Store endpoint - attemp... - 6.Nov.2014 5:46:31 AM   
jay.vyas84

go through the below:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/d3f555ac-84f1-4902-92bb-7cd2cd1ba788/exchange-owaactivesync-conflicting-with-rd-gateway-role

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> OutlookAnywhere - MAPI Mail Store endpoint - attemped to ping failed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter